Another Oss

Saul

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That's the BMW GS Adventure of horses, that is!

True he could probably drag half his stable behind him if he so chose.   My 15 year old daughter sees no fear and that is what worries me she will jump on any horse.   I am proud of her really she is very accomplished on the things.  She wants a Bike when she is 17 so there more worry to come with her.  

• Like 5

What I notice is they're not as tall as the Andalucians!

Bethan on the left is a small horse for her breed, but Dewi is a fucking monster. No way anybody will get on him without steps! 

And he's now so fat after eating so many almonds recently that the rider will nearly be in a splits position when they sit on him.

270221-min.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah that thing Chloe is on isn't that tall really, just powerfully built which is the Clydesdale genes.  Still a lot of horse for a 5'1", 7 stone spider monkey to control.  😳   Who rides your Horses Pete?  I can't see you on one.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Saul said:

Yeah that thing Chloe is on isn't that tall, really just powerfully built which is the Clydesdale genes.  Still a lot of horse for a 5'1", 7 stone spider monkey to control.  😳   Who rides you Horses Pete?  I can't see you on one.  

Not me that's for sure! :classic_laugh:

The wife used to.......but with her osteoarthritis she can't do it now!

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

Not me that's for sure! :classic_laugh:

The wife used to.......but with her osteoarthritis she can't do it now!

What to borrow a Chloe?     🤣🤣🤣 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

What to borrow a Chloe?     🤣🤣🤣 

If you can ever make it over here she can ride them all day.

Bethan is very sedate, but Dewi can be a bit uncooperative at times......however he burns himself out after 5 minutes acting like a twat so after that point he's OK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wont tell her that or I will never hear the end of it.  Mind you it would be a great excuse to get away, and the Mrs wouldn't protest as there would be someone to keep and eye on me.  Also Chloe is an excellent pillion.  😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

True he could probably drag half his stable behind him if he so chose.   My 15 year old daughter sees no fear and that is what worries me she will jump on any horse.   I am proud of her really she is very accomplished on the things.  She wants a Bike when she is 17 so there more worry to come with her.  

horses don't have brakes 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, skyrider said:

horses don't have brakes 

They do, it's getting them to use them when you want them to that is the difficult bit.   😉

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

They do, it's getting them to use them when you want them to that is the difficult bit.   😉

Our friend Antonio who owns the stables where we keep the horses is a very accomplished horseman......but he can't ride Dewi for three reasons!

1. He hates Antonio and tries to boot him at every opportunity. And Dewi has the strength to kick holes in brick walls!

2. He's much too strong to be physically controlled.

3. He only understands voice commands in English.

He has ridden Dewi a couple of times in the past but it took him about a week to recover! So he won't be doing that again!

• Haha 5