Second Weekend in August!

XTreme

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You wanna check out before the bit where you can do whatever you like (money dependant of course)?!! 

Well im going to guess by 65 im going to be a complete cripple so I'll not really enjoy retirement....thats even if there is a retirement by that time 

• Sad 1

get the bike back tomorrow, it having been parked at work waiting for "wemoto" to deliver the drive shaft sprocket and nut that I lost on the road last week. They still haven't delivered but I "found" a nut the right size "lying around" in a box at work so "liberated" it from a life on a chinese quad and pressed it into service on my Tiger.  I need a chain and sprocket replacement any way so I guess it'll hold till I can get that organised.

I was trying to figure out when I last ad the chain and sprockets replaced and the last bill I can find for it goes back to 2018, 40,000km ago ( that's nearly 25,000 miles) which seems a lot, even for a slow arse like me, especially with all the TLC I don't give the chain. I can fine no trace of having had another since, does that even seem feasable? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

get the bike back tomorrow, it having been parked at work waiting for "wemoto" to deliver the drive shaft sprocket and nut that I lost on the road last week. They still haven't delivered but I "found" a nut the right size "lying around" in a box at work so "liberated" it from a life on a chinese quad and pressed it into service on my Tiger.  I need a chain and sprocket replacement any way so I guess it'll hold till I can get that organised.

I was trying to figure out when I last ad the chain and sprockets replaced and the last bill I can find for it goes back to 2018, 40,000km ago ( that's nearly 25,000 miles) which seems a lot, even for a slow arse like me, especially with all the TLC I don't give the chain. I can fine no trace of having had another since, does that even seem feasable? 

If it was a quality chain like a DID and it's kept well maintained then 25K miles is quite realistic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If it was a quality chain like a DID and it's kept well maintained then 25K miles is quite realistic.

definately not weel maintained. I think I did actually clean it once or maybe twice but otherwise, just regular lube. I know i've rarely needed to adjust it. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2023 at 17:00, busabeast said:

Well im going to guess by 65 im going to be a complete cripple so I'll not really enjoy retirement....thats even if there is a retirement by that time 

glass half full ...

• Haha 1