Insurance and tax time

Buckster

£111 for tax? Thieving government. 16% increase since 2021, just under 10% from last year, what will the next hike be?

Insurance renewal quote came in with a 95% increase, not a chance, shopped around got slightly better cover but still paying 20% more even with extra NCB.

• Like 2

I used to say that I would be happy when my insurance was less than my road tax. The only problem is I meant that the insurance would get lower as I got older, not that the road tax would go up so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last year’s insurance was with Carole Nash, this year Express bike insurance, owned by Carole Nash, so why didn’t they just quote me a better price?

• Like 1

Been with Bennets few years now , Couple of months left on insurance for Ducat and Suzuki cancelled it told em when I got reg of new bike would ring them for a quote …. Last year for both bikes was £362 new policy for Triumph £480 with went on a comparison site after and only one company who I never  heard of ( don’t know who underwriter was ) was cheaper at £380… every thing is a piss take now 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Buckster said:

Last year’s insurance was with Carole Nash, this year Express bike insurance, owned by Carole Nash, so why didn’t they just quote me a better price?

Think agriculture machinery is a higher risk .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Buckster said:

Chill out and have a beer …

IMG_9584.jpeg

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Been with Bennets few years now , Couple of months left on insurance for Ducat and Suzuki cancelled it told em when I got reg of new bike would ring them for a quote …. Last year for both bikes was £362 new policy for Triumph £480 with went on a comparison site after and only one company who I never  heard of ( don’t know who underwriter was ) was cheaper at £380… every thing is a piss take now 

Have you tried Swinton i have 4 bikes with them for just over £300 

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Have you tried Swinton i have 4 bikes with them for just over £300 

I haven’t yet … Bennets said you get a better discount with multi bike .., got answer for everything 

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

I haven’t yet … Bennets said you get a better discount with multi bike .., got answer for everything 

Bennetts used to be great many years ago but their shit now, they give me the most expensive quotes and wont insure half my bikes because there's more than 3 mods on them

57 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Think agriculture machinery is a higher risk .

Must be why it is £135 then.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fucking state on that Gammon!

From the man who likes like Marty fieldmans and Sir Les Pattersons love child

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Bennetts used to be great many years ago but their shit now, they give me the most expensive quotes and wont insure half my bikes because there's more than 3 mods on them

Mods wise .. told em about complete new exhaust system and made no difference .. as long as it’s street legal … think it is , didn’t ask 

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

Mods wise .. told em about complete new exhaust system and made no difference .. as long as it’s street legal … think it is , didn’t ask 

Tell them you have more than three mods and see what they say then and they classed a tank protector as a mod

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Tell them you have more than three mods and see what they say then and they classed a tank protector as a mod

Only told em 2 , tail tidy being the 2nd 

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Tank protector 😳 probably the least mod you can do … stupid on thier part

22 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Tank protector 😳 probably the least mod you can do … stupid on thier part

Yes it was crazy not even the guys selling you the insurance knew that, After i switched companies i had Bennett's phone me asking why i didn't reinsure with them i said because you told me you couldn't offer insurance on my bikes so to humour him because he didn't believe me i went through a quote with him after filling in all the usual details we got to the modifications and it sort of went like this, aftermarket exhaust, yup that's fine, all the fairings removed, yup all ok, oversize fuel tank, still ok, modified seat, oh hang on its rejected you let me try again after that he said i'm sorry but you are right we are unable to offer you a quote. Anything fitted to the bike that was not on it when it left the factory was a modification so something as simple as a tank protector if not declared could end with a void insurance with them in the event of an accident, not sure if their like that now though

• Sad 1