First Ride of June 2020

Earache

Not able to get this close to these things very often - they're freakin' huuuuge! Their idling motors made the ground shake...

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rode along some National Forest fire roads on the way home. These are absolutely eveywhere in the mountains; used by the Forestry Service for fire mitigation, etc. Perfect for big adventure bikes to ride around on. Could ride them for years and still never  see them all...

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Independence Pass - the road to Aspen - just opened for the first time yesterday. Plan to hit it tomorrow afternoon if I have the time. Pics to follow.....

• Like 3

Amazing shots......the quality is superb. What camera are you using @Earache?

And I see you like visiting old abandoned places........so do I!

But over here in Spain there's not just abandoned buildings.......there's completely abandoned villages. Apparently there's over 3000 of them here!

Here's an example.......

• Like 1

My bike camera is a Canon EOS-T6. It fits in my tank bag so well that I just leave it there.

We have loads of abandoned towns - or "ghost towns" as well call them - all over the place.  This one is about a mile from my home. Lots of building foundations left but only a few complete buildings

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Looks like something out of a Western.

That's nothing - check out our Main Street in town - an old western movie was filmed there years ago. It hasn't changed much in the last 150 years since it was built...

Central at night.jpg

21752277_10211813732752015_1859939509359900477_n.jpg

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

• Like 6

Good stuff, us old world people sometimes like to see americans exploring their own history like it’s our own, just on account of all the cinema we see in our living rooms making it feel like our own.

Your scenery is better than most of us dream off, so do carry on and post pictures!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Good stuff, us old world people sometimes like to see americans exploring their own history like it’s our own, just on account of all the cinema we see in our living rooms making it feel like our own.

Your scenery is better than most of us dream off, so do carry on and post pictures!

Our "history" is only like 150 years as there wasn't anything here prior to that - at least nothing that white men built.

And much of the history belongs to Europeans as well; for it was mostly immigrants from Europe that built these towns.

Maybe I'll shoot a bunch of pics of town and post them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

And @Earache..........we got Castles! You'll struggle on this one! :classic_laugh:

vs77.thumb.jpg.5aaf13ec5bf299d7dfbe8a5ab31b555e.jpg

You got me there, we have no castles at all.

I have been to Spain a couple of times and really enjoyed the castles and old churches as well as the architecture in general. Fascinates me to look at old buildings and think of how they were built with no cranes, trucks, etc.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tym said:

Cool chit, my 88 yo old mum loved the pics!

Can't beat that! Glad she liked them  - will try to post more that she can enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earache said:

You got me there, we have no castles at all.

I have been to Spain a couple of times and really enjoyed the castles and old churches as well as the architecture in general. Fascinates me to look at old buildings and think of how they were built with no cranes, trucks, etc.

I'll get you on another one soon.......because once the lockdown lifts I'll be crossing into Murcia to visit the church that's actually a cave within a massive wall of rock!

YOu can still see where the trains tarcks we laid on teh video - nice! As someone said; that old station wopuld make a great home.

• Like 1

Colorado is one of our favorite places to ride.  Lots of mountain and forest roads, beautiful scenery!

• Like 1