Android GPS Apps?

XTreme

I've always used Google Maps but I want something that isn't so confusing on the map view.

Ideally like the type of view you get on the Garmins and TomToms etc.

Any recommendations?

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've never used it but a lot of peeps swear by https://maps.me/maps/country-espana/

Thanks Bob......I'll give it a try!

I tested Waze and it was a lot clearer to look at than Google Maps but I didn't think it's instructions on making turns etc was quite right.

Tried Maps.me but found it limited on features compared to Waze.

And the screen view wasn't as clear as Waze either.

Anybody else got any other options?

You can adjust the level of instruction even on google maps. It can dumb down the number of roads and infill etc considerably if you want. 

Not wanting to spend a lot of money? I’d recommend spending time familiarising yourself with Waze which is powered by google maps. 

Wanting something dedicated? Give up they’re mostly crappier than google maps or Waze. 
Yes the screens are larger, brighter and easier to read. They’re just shit to preload with routes and will eat up your own down time with a lot of swearing. 

One caveat on that- if you have a phone and sat nav compatible with garmin drive you can quite easily send the (correctly formatted) gps co-ordinates directly to your garmin with no hassle. 

Just talking about this makes me want a nice alcoholic beverage 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You can adjust the level of instruction even on google maps. It can dumb down the number of roads and infill etc considerably if you want. 

Not wanting to spend a lot of money? I’d recommend spending time familiarising yourself with Waze which is powered by google maps. 

Wanting something dedicated? Give up they’re mostly crappier than google maps or Waze. 
Yes the screens are larger, brighter and easier to read. They’re just shit to preload with routes and will eat up your own down time with a lot of swearing. 

One caveat on that- if you have a phone and sat nav compatible with garmin drive you can quite easily send the (correctly formatted) gps co-ordinates directly to your garmin with no hassle. 

Just talking about this makes me want a nice alcoholic beverage 😂

I'm finding Waze is pretty decent! So far!

• Like 1

I use Road Lords, sygic which is a spin off of tom-tom for the truck, for the bike I use calimoto or Google maps

I do have waze but can't remember when I last used it

• Like 2