My new car, what a little ripper.

zzzak

The plan continues along, in a small country town there are very few storage units, they are always full and seldom come up for rent, they put you on a waiting list.

I called the RE agent to make an enquiry and guess what, they had just got one, was down there right smart so now have 2 months to organize my stuff before running away from home.

€18 pw

thumbnail_20230605_113539.jpg

• Like 2

In case anyone missed it in 'The Other 'Thread' here's the car tent, I just love how it pops up, one person can have it ready in 41 secs, most tents take a couple of days.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, zzzak said:

The plan continues along, in a small country town there are very few storage units, they are always full and seldom come up for rent, they put you on a waiting list.

I called the RE agent to make an enquiry and guess what, they had just got one, was down there right smart so now have 2 months to organize my stuff before running away from home.

€18 pw

thumbnail_20230605_113539.jpg

All your possessions going in there?

15 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Yep, plenty of room, even including the KTM.

Looking at storage bins now, need a few in different sizes, some for the car for pantry etc and the rest for my stuff, the difference between stuff and shit is mine is stuff and everyone elses is shit.

You get five of these, with lids  and wheels for €55 and being translucent you can see whats in them, I am going to be ruthless with my stuff before consigning it to storage, I have clothes that I haven't worn in decades for example, out it all goes.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183219887706

I can feel the weight lifting from my shoulders.

• Like 1

If you think motorcycle accessories are a huge market you should look at what is available for camping.

Some of the things that I like.

4 minutes ago, zzzak said:

If you think motorcycle accessories are a huge market you should look at what is available for camping.

Some of the things that I like.

That's €300 and a 65l fridge freezer that sits on top of it is another €190.

With a remote control no less.

image.png.4b95f3ba0be2e1525ef9feab49c5e2a1.png

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

Are you going completely off grid? No technology for the man to track you through?

No I'll have a phone and a lappy but there's probably not very good reception out there, load the lappy with maps and some entertainment and enjoy living in nature rather than my current 12 hour days on the desktop.

By the way I quit smoking the Devils weed a few weeks ago and don't miss it at all, another bonus is that I have virtually stopped drinking because of it, had one beer last night, thats average now so leaves me more money from my stipend for fuel etc.

My rough plan is to get to the top part of Aus and see what arises, there's a famous river that I've read about that should be worth a look, search Palmer River Goldrush, I'm thinking metal detector time.

I shall take my unjabbed body far from the reaches of the insane clowns in charge of the world and will celebrate my 71st birthday in my first week on the road.

• Like 4

In the dark tea time of the soul I had a revelation, it was four o'clock in the morning, I was lying in my bed wondering about what was going on in my head..

Woke up wanting a leak and got to thinking about my choices, here I am chasing a dream in a Nissan, but that's only due to the fuel consumption.

So I thought, with the new plugs and leads how much does the Pajero use at 80k, the speed I normally travel at these days as I'm usually on backroads and close to 71.

Buying and selling vehicles adds up in the charges, esp out here so I did the sums.

Australia is 18,000ks around, add another 2k for excursions and we have a benchmark of 20,000 ks.

I plan on a year on the road before I come back here so that gives us an average of a mere 400k pw.

The Nissan is rated at 10l/100 so at $2 a liter that's $80, rough estimate btw.

The Pajero has done 12.5l/100 so we get a figure of $100 for the nominal distance.

That gives us an annual cost of $4000 for the Nissan or $5000 for the Pajero or $20pw dearer, its fuck all when you look at the big picture.

I've had the Pajero for five years and its a beauty, it's a full size true 4WD with Hi and Low ratios and all that stuff, as well it's just a better vehicle than any ¾ size upstart and I would feel a lot more confident at taking it on rough stuff, the Nissan less so.

So, to test the mpg I'm off to Griffith which is 80k away and has some big 4WD accessory warehouses for me to pick brains in, also get my hands on some of the stuff I'm looking at to see how good it really is.

I shall also visit a few auto wreckers, for example a new roo bar is over $1000, "How much for that worthless piece of shit Guv ?"

I'll fill up here and when I get back refill and see the actual mpg that it gets.

Pumping, also the local computer guy here is a 4WD enthusiast, when I asked about a lappy for the trip he burst into life, he has a $45,000 camper trailer, that's worth more than four times my whole planned setup, he is planning the exact same thing as well, he's very keen to help me with it.

I guess its my winning personality that get me things like this.

Polishes fingernails on shirt sleeve.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, zzzak said:

In the dark tea time of the soul I had a revelation, it was four o'clock in the morning, I was lying in my bed wondering about the things that I had said.

Woke up wanting a leak and got to thinking about my choices, here I am chasing a dream in a Nissan, but that's only due to the fuel consumption.

So I thought, with the new plugs and leads how much does the Pajero use at 80k, the speed I normally travel at these days as I'm usually on backroads and close to 71.

Buying and selling vehicles adds up in the charges, esp out here so I did the sums.

Australia is 18,000ks around, add another 2k for excursions and we have a benchmark of 20,000 ks.

I plan on a year on the road before I come back here so that gives us an average of a mere 400k pw.

The Nissan is rated at 10l/100 so at $2 a liter that's $80, rough estimate btw.

The Pajero has done 12.5l/100 so we get a figure of $100 for the nominal distance.

That gives us an annual cost of $4000 for the Nissan or $5000 for the Pajero or $20pw dearer, its fuck all when you look at the big picture.

I've had the Pajero for five years and its a beauty, it's a full size true 4WD with Hi and Low ratios and all that stuff, as well it's just a better vehicle than any ¾ size upstart and I would feel a lot more confident at taking it on rough stuff, the Nissan less so.

So, to test the mpg I'm off to Griffith which is 80k away and has some big 4WD accessory warehouses for me to pick brains in, also get my hands on some of the stuff I'm looking at to see how good it really is.

I shall also visit a few auto wreckers, for example a new roo bar is over $1000, "How much for that worthless piece of shit Guv ?"

I'll fill up here and when I get back refill and see the actual mpg that it gets.

Pumping, also the local computer guy here is a 4WD enthusiast, when I asked about a lappy for the trip he burst into life, he has a $45,000 camper trailer, that's worth more than four times my whole planned setup, he is planning the exact same thing as well, he's very keen to help me with it.

I guess its my winning personality that get me things like this.

Polishes fingernails on shirt sleeve.

I'd be too embarrassed to drive round in a vehicle with pajero written on it.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What about Shogun, anyway there are members here that disagree with you.

marcel.png

• Haha 1

I posted on the local Pajero forum and was educated very well, also did a mileage test on a 75k drive, used 11.75L so looking at 16l/100k, not flash but that's what I have.

I have abandoned any idea of a roof top tent, to much wind resistance for a start so to much petrol, a prick to sleep in on a sloping surface, they might cost a grand but the mounting brackets are pricey as well, you need three as the roof rails slope so looking at $400 or so, fuck that.

Forget water bladders as well, to much weight again, so to lose weight remove all the seats but the front ones, there goes 60 kilos and it makes a space big enough for a single bed.

See photo, there are 5L water bottles and casks at the local supermarkets, store a few in the hole that the third seat used to fill.

Maybe get a stretcher swag, for sleeping outside, under the new fancy wrap around awning maybe with an added dome tent.

So that looks alright so far, next get a bunch of clip lock tubs for various storage needs, light and cheap, translucent so you can see what's in them.

Get a good table they said so fuck the pull out kitchen, to much weight and basically for suckers who want every accessory.

Get a portable battery instead if getting a second one under the bonnet, battery plus bracket kit about $400, look at this little marvel, $319 on special, AC output to run the Nutribullet as well as torch, USB chargers, jump start ready, great for LED lighting at night,  Pajeros have a 120w charging plug in the rear to keep it charged.

Here are a few photos of various ones from the club, I like using the back door as a kitchenette, its looking better everyday.

20190708-145946-resize-22.jpg

Camp Setup 1.jpg

Camp Setup 2.jpg

P1080230.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzzak said:

I posted on the local Pajero forum and was educated very well, also did a mileage test on a 75k drive, used 11.75L so looking at 16l/100k, not flash but that's what I have.

I have abandoned any idea of a roof top tent, to much wind resistance for a start so to much petrol, a prick to sleep in on a sloping surface, they might cost a grand but the mounting brackets are pricey as well, you need three as the roof rails slope so looking at $400 or so, fuck that.

Forget water bladders as well, to much weight again, so to lose weight remove all the seats but the front ones, there goes 60 kilos and it makes a space big enough for a single bed.

See photo, there are 5L water bottles and casks at the local supermarkets, store a few in the hole that the third seat used to fill.

Maybe get a stretcher swag, for sleeping outside, under the new fancy wrap around awning maybe with an added dome tent.

So that looks alright so far, next get a bunch of clip lock tubs for various storage needs, light and cheap, translucent so you can see what's in them.

Get a good table they said so fuck the pull out kitchen, to much weight and basically for suckers who want every accessory.

Get a portable battery instead if getting a second one under the bonnet, battery plus bracket kit about $400, look at this little marvel, $319 on special, AC output to run the Nutribullet as well as torch, USB chargers, jump start ready, great for LED lighting at night,  Pajeros have a 120w charging plug in the rear to keep it charged.

Here are a few photos of various ones from the club, I like using the back door as a kitchenette, its looking better everyday.

20190708-145946-resize-22.jpg

Camp Setup 1.jpg

Camp Setup 2.jpg

P1080230.jpg

Isn't it risky sleeping outside with wild animals about?

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh right… and you drive a Picasso 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Picasso doesn't mean "Wanker" in Spanish you uneducated twat!

Trust me ….
It means  wanker in any language 

• Haha 5