Your Day Today!

XTreme

I can’t make the design software I’m using work, it’s doing random pixel changing stuff I don’t understand, scrapped two complete attempts, am 3 hours in and back to the fecking drawing board again. Sod bastard Microsoft Publisher for their stupid subscription service leaving me with this bloody app!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I can’t make the design software I’m using work, it’s doing random pixel changing stuff I don’t understand, scrapped two complete attempts, am 3 hours in and back to the fecking drawing board again. Sod bastard Microsoft Publisher for their stupid subscription service leaving me with this bloody app!

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

@XTreme......calling XTreme, help needed. 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Digital painting/graphics editor called Procreate. 

Its basic functions are good but as soon as you want more it turns into a counterintuitive bastid!

Get someone who does that for a living and then ask for free advice! That always works.

• Haha 2

Spent the morning pulling overgrown vines from the neighbours olive trees that were growing over my wall, pulled them by hand for 3 hours, then pushed a broom to gather around 3 bins worth of soil and leaves off my driveway. Had a shower and spent the afternoon drinking beers and catching up with my friend who has been doing security work all around the world over the ladt year.

Good day!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Spent the morning pulling overgrown vines from the neighbours olive trees that were growing over my wall, pulled them by hand for 3 hours, then pushed a broom to gather around 3 bins worth of soil and leaves off my driveway. Had a shower and spent the afternoon drinking beers and catching up with my friend who has been doing security work all around the world over the ladt year.

Good day!

Is that

Good day as in hello

Good day as in Goodbye 

or Good day as in you had a good day? 

Theres another good day which means bog off but thats I’ll bid you a good day and I’m pretty sure you don’t mean that one.. yet 😆

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is that

Good day as in hello

Good day as in Goodbye 

or Good day as in you had a good day? 

Theres another good day which means bog off but thats I’ll bid you a good day and I’m pretty sure you don’t mean that one.. yet 😆

I wouldn’t use good day as goodbye.

And considering the time of day and that I used it after the happenings, it was a statement as to the quality of the day.

Another small effort in improving IA, Elon is getting worried!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Digital painting/graphics editor called Procreate. 

Procreate? They might as well have called it “Go fuck yourself”, do the people who name these things ever have their work checked?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Procreate? They might as well have called it “Go fuck yourself”, do the people who name these things ever have their work checked?

I guess from the way some of it works no they don’t. But they are one of the original, most highly rated, popular, innovative digital paint boxes for iOS. I just don’t find it anywhere near as easy to use as Microsoft and looking at the millions of youtube ‘how to’s out there neither does anyone else. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I guess from the way some of it works no they don’t. But they are one of the original, most highly rated, popular, innovative digital paint boxes for iOS. I just don’t find it anywhere near as easy to use as Microsoft and looking at the millions of youtube ‘how to’s out there neither does anyone else. 

I stick with Adobe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I stick with Adobe.

Not familiar with Adobe. I am probably ready to abandon procreate, except it’s handy for travelling cos it’ designed for ipad pen use.

Are adobe menus intuitive and do they do that thing where you hover the curser over an icon and it says what it is?

And is it pricey? I don’t want to be fleeced by another subscription service. 

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not familiar with Adobe. I am probably ready to abandon procreate, except it’s handy for travelling cos it’ designed for ipad pen use.

Are adobe menus intuitive and do they do that thing where you hover the curser over an icon and it says what it is?

And is it pricey? I don’t want to be fleeced by another subscription service. 

What exactly are you trying to do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What exactly are you trying to do?

Just a pattern for the neck tubes for the women riding to the Alps in April (aka wasting my rest time feckin about 😁) almost finished. Not entirely sold on the font but I think I’ll leave it alone now and come back to it with fresh eyes later, hopefully not too much later or they won’t arrive in time 😂 

Yes its a Himalayan deal with it 😆

7B28E676-9441-4ED3-BAD2-39563785E448.thumb.jpeg.ef2e4079ec0b6bf0bce2031e0ce34937.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just a pattern for the neck tubes for the women riding to the Alps in April (aka wasting my rest time feckin about 😁) almost finished. Not entirely sold on the font but I think I’ll leave it alone now and come back to it with fresh eyes later, hopefully not too much later or they won’t arrive in time 😂 Not sure why the colours aren’t quite as vibrant on here 🤷‍♀️

Yes its a Himalayan deal with it 😆

ECF6101A-DB73-4A40-AFF6-9FDC1AEF7183.thumb.jpeg.177228c136944a190261d4c589bba8f0.jpeg

Pic don't work!