Sukida SK125

Saul

To me that’s quite the culture shock, that’s the opposite of portuguese biking. Few people here use that suit to go on big tours even in the winter on big bikes. Small bikes like that you’ll see miserable guys in freezing rain in the winter, half in hypothermia when they stop halfway to work for a coffee and schnapps :classic_laugh:

love a good culture shock.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You look a bit squashed on it @Saul!

It never felt that small really, but looking at the picture I can see your point.   It was okay to commute on as I only worked 7 miles away and it was all 30 and 40 mph speed limits between my place and the sorting office where I was based.  Like I said before I used it for 3 years and apart from one of the indicators falling to pieces and the headlamp cracking it was completely reliable if very slow.  9 BHP doesn't give many thrills.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

To me that’s quite the culture shock, that’s the opposite of portuguese biking. Few people here use that suit to go on big tours even in the winter on big bikes. Small bikes like that you’ll see miserable guys in freezing rain in the winter, half in hypothermia when they stop halfway to work for a coffee and schnapps :classic_laugh:

love a good culture shock.

Well there is a bit of background to that for me.  Before I had that little Sukida I had three BMW 1000cc. but we had recently got our first 2 kids and money was tight so the BMW's had to go.  Of course I still had my riding gear when I bought the Sukida to commute on, thats why  I had all the gear and puny wheels.    I still have that suit but the trousers are a bit on the tight side now.  The Jacket still fits and the boots are up the shed somewhere.  

• Like 3

Funnily enough there were two other guys in my sorting office with identical bikes same colour and everything, but one was badged a Yamasaki and the other a Hongdu.  When they were all parked next to each other they were almost identical apart from the badges.   I still have a new Yamasaki seat for it up the shed that my mate gave me.   

• Haha 4

Just now, Pedro said:

The squared headlight on the other pictures is hideous 

Twas, luckily it cracked going over a pothole so I bought a standard CG125 one to replace it.   £12 from ebay.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Found some more pics of my last commuter bike.  Riding that is one way to make a RE feel powerful 🤣

256150_10150302785801833_3102672_o.jpg

267160_10150302781476833_5962136_o (1).jpg

Don't know but it looks kinda overkill... Were you heading for the Ile of man with that thing.. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Marcel said:

Don't know but it looks kinda overkill... Were you heading for the Ile of man with that thing.. 

No, that was actually the very first ride, it came in a box and after I had assembled it and registered it  that was the first ride.   The rest of the time I wore my Postie gear and waterproofs as I used it for work., but funnily enough I never took any photos of that.    I will say that the little Suikida's condition after 12,000 miles in my hands was a good advert for ACF 50.  I was paranoid about it rusting so drunched it in ACF 50 after every wash.   I know that probably cost more than the bloody bike but I have a little OCD about dirty bikes, no matter how crap they are.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saul said:

No, that was actually the very first ride, it came in a box and after I had assembled it and registered it  that was the first ride.   The rest of the time I wore my Postie gear and waterproofs as I used it for work., but funnily enough I never took any photos of that.    I will say that the little Suikida's condition after 12,000 miles in my hands was a good advert for ACF 50.  I was paranoid about it rusting so drunched it in ACF 50 after every wash.   I know that probably cost more than the bloody bike but I have a little OCD about dirty bikes, no matter how crap they are.  

I would be wearing a full body armour if test riding a bike I assembled from a box sent from China

• Haha 3

I just remembered it had a bloody talking alarm on it as well.   It came with two remotes and if you set the alarm it would loudly announce in a very heavy chinese accent that the 'Alarm Armed' or the "Alarm Deactivated'.  Needless to say I never used that in public but it made my kids hoot with laughter.   

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I would be wearing a full body armour if test riding a bike I assembled from a box sent from China

I thought you would have more confidence in your assembly skills than that 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

I thought you would have more confidence in your assembly skills than that 🤣

No, I would really not. I have trouble thinking things are tight enough right until the point they break from over tightening.

I once put my track car’s suspension together after having the shocks rebuilt, a long time ago, my first time on track in Germany and approaching a very rough corner I thought: “great… now if it creaks I won’t know if it’s half loose (from my work) or poorly rebuilt” :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

No, I would really not. I have trouble thinking things are tight enough right until the point they break from over tightening.

I once put my track car’s suspension together after having the shocks rebuilt, a long time ago, my first time on track in Germany and approaching a very rough corner I thought: “great… now if it creaks I won’t know if it’s half loose (from my work) or poorly rebuilt” :classic_laugh:

I think a torque wrench should be on your Christmas list 🙂👍

Just now, Saul said:

I think a torque wrench should be on your Christmas list 🙂👍

You insane? Everything was tightened with a torque wrench, that’s the only way I could get in the car in the first place!

• Haha 2

Just now, Pedro said:

You insane? Everything was tightened with a torque wrench, that’s the only way I could get in the car in the first place!

Torque wrenches are supposed to used to make sure something is tight enough, not as extra leverage.  😉

Just now, boboneleg said:

How much did you get for it when you sold it ?

£400, I bought it for £700 it cost me £70 to register it and the first years tax.  So I was on the road for fpr £770 plus £65 for insurance.  Also 110 mpg, it was bloody cheap transport.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

Torque wrenches are supposed to used to make sure something is tight enough, not as extra leverage.  😉

I know how they work, and how you’re supposed to work too, it’s just I rather people just bring me the chorizo instead of watching the pig being slaughtered. In the case of something being used with violence, I really prefer not to be involved with any of the assembly.

• Like 1