Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?

XTreme

Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?

• YES....only if it's necessary due to bad light etc!
    • NO....no Photoshopping of any kind!

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was thinking you would say both but its none of them, I took them with my old canon digital camera, they are how the photos looked after i pressed the button but before i pressed the button i played about with the settings on the camera and took a few shots of the same scene on different settings until i got a shot i liked and that's what photographers do but obviously a lot better than me, they are basically applying filters before they take the photo i applied one on some of my photos after i took them so in reality adjusting your camera before you take a photo is no different to enhancing a photo after it has been taken.
This is the top photo taken a few times using different settings on the camera on the same day at the same time so how can you tell if its been manipulated before or after the photo is taken

IMG_6236.jpg.51405bc76f6653f14f90b545e1846628.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg.01afda1de51c380c48417f1b591786b4.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg.f640e69f39d61af7853ccc98fcd452ee.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg.b3a20c6b8cefb4f4c9eb6a910bc76c0e.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg.2e9133f78bf14ed479928d3e40ce81cd.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg.07d4ef33b1fdf60280681b1f0c977c96.jpg

You can never be sure......so we just have to rely on the individual not to overdo it to the point where it doesn't look natural.

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You can never be sure......so we just have to rely on the individual not to overdo it to the point where it doesn't look natural.

So cut the greenery out Fred you're in Wales.....

(Petes words)

• Haha 5

On 12/10/2022 at 20:17, MooN said:

I agree with Pedro on this one, but also agree that there's a difference between " fine tuning "  a picture ( cropping a bit, erasing the reg number,  redimensioning etc ) and there's serious photoshop type manipulation like making the sky blue when it wasn't, adding or removing elements, which is a little bit cheating really.  where to draw the line and how to decide is the real problem.  I would be inclined to make no stipulations at all other than those already in place and people vote for which pic they like best according to their own criteria if it becomes silly people will either stop voting or stop participating. 

Exactly Moon if you don't like what you see don't vote for it after all its only bike of the month you don't even get a fucking prize :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Just have to say, the reality of anyone here owing and actually using Photoshop seems low.  Adobe software is not really what everyone uses, at least outside of the professional world.  Most people just use the software provided on their phone or computer.

So it’s another brand that has become a description. 😐

A little editing is just part of digital imaging as it was in the darkroom with negatives.  Always some editing, just keep it reasonable and it’s fine by me. 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

So cut the greenery out Fred you're in Wales.....

(Petes words)

More slagheaps and burnt out cars are needed to be authentic!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Exactly Moon if you don't like what you see don't vote for it after all its only bike of the month you don't even get a fucking prize :classic_laugh:

Fucking hell!

Everybody else on other forums is paying for membership subscriptions......there's nothing like that on here!

But you want a fucking prize for being on here as well.

disappointed come on GIF

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fucking hell!

Everybody else on other forums is paying for membership subscriptions......there's nothing like that on here!

But you want a fucking prize for being on here as well.

disappointed come on GIF

I think you should send us all medals personally Loop Waiting GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

WHAT???? Oh shitbiscuits, I've cleared trophy space on the mantle piece and everything.

• Haha 5