Found some old photos

Saul

Yep I did, bit short in the leg for it really but I enjoyed it all the same.      Always looking for a curb to pull up to or looking to leap partially out lf the seat to stop, had some precarious dismounts 😅

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yep I did, bit short in the leg for it really but I enjoyed it all the same.      Always looking for a curb to pull up to or looking to leap partially out lf the seat to stop, had some precarious dismounts 😅

How tall are you then? Cos the older bikes had a lot lower seat heights than today.

• Like 1

The 1978 R100RS was a beauty.  I have always regretted selling it.  Worth a few quid now to.    It had a name, Bessie Big Jugs.   A jot to ride.  I remember going to the NEC for the bike show from Cornwall on it with my mate on his 'vastly superior' Fireblade, it wasn't me who always wanted to stop to stretch, or refuel or piss or any other excuse you could think of.     Built to travel 100's miles in a day and did it very well.  Loved that bike although it did give me a carb balancing fetish 🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saul said:

5'8" but the XS750 needs a 32 inside leg mine is 29.   Heavy bike for tip toes.

I'm only 3" taller than you but my inside leg is 34".......and that's what makes the difference rather than height.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm only 3" taller than you but my inside leg is 34".......and that's what makes the difference rather than height.

I was wondering how long it would be before you started talking about your inside leg to strangers :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3