Wobbling to Castril

XTreme

Gave the bike a run to Castril to see what it's like on the country roads because my return from Granada on Friday was nearly all motorway.

One thing I've confirmed.....that bloody big screen has got to go. It's completely disorientating with the top of the screen at eye level......don't like it at all.

Apart from that it's all good.......and everybody on bikes wants to wave at me now. As if riding this bike somehow makes me more credible or something. :classic_unsure:

Got stuck behind a motorcycle club rideout on the way back......you'll see in the vid why I can't ride with these people. I'll die of old age before I get home at that rate! It's like a gathering of Bruce's!

1-min.jpg

2-min.jpg

3-min.jpg

4-min.jpg

5-min.jpg

Bike's all good.....far better gearbox than the 1150 which was very agricultural.

Brakes are phenomenal, comfortable to ride, and handles differently to the 1150. More of a road bike type of feel.

Still getting used to it, but replacing the screen or getting this one cut down is the main priority.

• Like 7

Very nice. NippyNormans? 

Know what you mean about group riding. I’ve just started to organise a ride to the french Alps and then down to Andalucia and the thing thats most niggling away in the back of my mind more than any other issue is the idea of having to ride all that way in a group at a slow pace.. torture. 

But theyre grown ups, I’ll give them the sat nav route and the stopping points and then after a couple of days the group should naturally split into different subgroups… I hope 😬

• Like 5

I had an MRA on mine.. and removed the top part. but there a million and one aftermarket accessories available for these bikes so finding the right one should be dead easy. for Spain I would likely go for a shorty 'sport' one. Like this one from Puig. or something along these lines.

6a16b7e4684fcdea4c4cd1b6c482806d872aba93_6487F_1.png.jpeg.c2bc8e42455b593004d3dee91754c205.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

I had an MRA on mine.. and removed the top part. but there a million and one aftermarket accessories available for these bikes so finding the right one should be dead easy. for Spain I would likely go for a shorty 'sport' one. Like this one from Puig. or something along these lines.

6a16b7e4684fcdea4c4cd1b6c482806d872aba93_6487F_1.png.jpeg.c2bc8e42455b593004d3dee91754c205.jpeg

Thanks Tony......that's a later model in the pic.

Can't see one like that for mine.

Nice that you're having fun with the bigger bike.

The original screen looks shorter and way better:

image.png.9ea599ac3d4bdbf36e6e408d8913e710.png

The original seat also looks a lot cushier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Nice that you're having fun with the bigger bike.

The original screen looks shorter and way better:

image.png.9ea599ac3d4bdbf36e6e408d8913e710.png

The original seat also looks a lot cushier.

Absolutely......though the seat seems to be fine for me in terms of comfort.