Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Was wondering @Grasshopper is your new place furnished or are you going to have to go through all of those shenanigans?

It doesn’t have a thing, not even appliances. Months ago I would have been no way…. But now I am actually looking forward to getting things for the house.  It will help me to get to know the new area we will be living in.  

It’s also so different from my first house when I was at work more than home and had no money.  This time I have lots of time and a bit of cash so it will be fun to get my old lady home ready. 😊

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

It doesn’t have a thing, not even appliances. Months ago I would have been no way…. But now I am actually looking forward to getting things for the house.  It will help me to get to know the new area we will be living in.  

It’s also so different from my first house when I was at work more than home and had no money.  This time I have lots of time and a bit of cash so it will be fun to get my old lady home ready. 😊

I hope you're going to have a little rocking chair in the corner of the porch and take up knitting

Though you have a good few decades left before you become an old lady

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I hope you're going to have a little rocking chair in the corner of the porch and take up knitting

Though you have a good few decades left before you become an old lady

Rocking chair for sure!!!!

Funny enough I tried the knitting thing this summer and found it very frustrating….😆

…. and Grandma made it look so easy!

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

Rocking chair for sure!!!!

Funny enough I tried the knitting thing this summer and found it very frustrating….😆

…. and Grandma made it look so easy!

I wouldn't even know where to start with knitting, I think @Buckster said he was a dab hand at it though.

so where you moving to now?

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I wouldn't even know where to start with knitting, I think @Buckster said he was a dab hand at it though.

so where you moving to now?

I made a lovely post explaining everything, but no worries…😉

I am moving to eastern Canada, Nova Scotia.  Driving across the country as of next week.  Should be a snowy adventure! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

I am moving to eastern Canada, Nova Scotia.  Driving across the country as of next week.  Should be a snowy adventure! 🙂

Sorry I missed it Sorry Mistake GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Be careful when going through new Brunswick if you are using a gps.. Stick to highways... Center of the province is void.. Roads are ice.. And infested with moose... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Be careful when going through new Brunswick if you are using a gps.. Stick to highways... Center of the province is void.. Roads are ice.. And infested with moose... 

As in it doesn't exist on GPS?

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

As in it doesn't exist on GPS?

Some roads are clearly mark has roads and some just are abandoned roads... Every year there's motorcycles and car end up in the middle of no where on dirt roads.. Out of gaz and no cell service... 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Some roads are clearly mark has roads and some just are abandoned roads... Every year there's motorcycles and car end up in the middle of no where on dirt roads.. Out of gaz and no cell service... 

You'd have thought that would have been sorted out pretty quickly

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You'd have thought that would have been sorted out pretty quickly

Ounce you're out of the northern half... Your home free... Don't try any short cuts.. Lol... You might run into a freakish snow storm just keep and eye open on the forecast....I'd go towards Fredericton.. Moncton and Nova Scotia.. Staying on the highways.. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Sounds great. Keep us updated, which thread was the house stuff on? I can't find it 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Ounce you're out of the northern half... Your home free... Don't try any short cuts.. Lol... You might run into a freakish snow storm just keep and eye open on the forecast....I'd go towards Fredericton.. Moncton and Nova Scotia.. Staying on the highways.. 

You've gone and done it now Marcel....you know she's adventurous and likes a challenge 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You've gone and done it now Marcel....you know she's adventurous and likes a challenge 

No she'll do just fine... The weather has calmed down and warmed up a bit...it's gonna take some time before she get's to the east coast.. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

No she'll do just fine... The weather has calmed down and warmed up a bit...it's gonna take some time before she get's to the east coast.. 

Fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sounds great. Keep us updated, which thread was the house stuff on? I can't find it 🤷‍♀️

Thought I posted some house stuff one day on the Today thread when we were talking, good luck finding anything there after about an hour. 
Or maybe it’s on this thread, oh dear I’m not sure now….two old ladies we are…..😉😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

Oh I know all about GPS and remote places.  I did just spend a month in the North on one of the most remote roads in Canada.  We are sticking to the TransCanada this time so I am not too worried.

Moose, all good!  I have dealt with Elk, deer, bear, coyote, dogs, cats, lots of elk and deer, did I mention elk….😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

How many days do you figure before you arrive on the east coast...? 

We figure two weeks, depending on weather.  We depart in a week, so we should be on the east coast on or after Christmas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Thought I posted some house stuff one day on the Today thread when we were talking, good luck finding anything there after about an hour. 
Or maybe it’s on this thread, oh dear I’m not sure now….two old ladies we are…..😉😆

It was defo somewhere but I don’t remember where 😂👵

• Haha 1