Inflation.

Tym

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

My Pension was down €4 this month against the Pound.

Just count yourself lucky it's electronically sent to you, you moaning sod. Not that long ago you would have had to get a plane to the UK and queue up in the Post Office with all the other old gits.

I remember working out that Tuesdays and Thursdays was pension day in St Clears by the numbers of old twats performing unbelievable car stunts at 10mph and trying to kill or inconvenience me in their search for a big enough parking space near the post office/bank.  They all had nearly new small Fords, travelled in married pairs and I suspect were retired English folk rather than local born.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Tym said:

Hows your currency doing the dollar is doomed, $230 worth of lead it takes to sink now? FFS! Thats unreal it used to be almost free to sink. 😀

Let's Go Brandon !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

Just count yourself lucky it's electronically sent to you, you moaning sod. Not that long ago you would have had to get a plane to the UK and queue up in the Post Office with all the other old gits.

I remember working out that Tuesdays and Thursdays was pension day in St Clears by the numbers of old twats performing unbelievable car stunts at 10mph and trying to kill or inconvenience me in their search for a big enough parking space near the post office/bank.  They all had nearly new small Fords, travelled in married pairs and I suspect were retired English folk rather than local born.

Those feckers then used to drive down to Carmarthen and park their cars in the most unsuitable places so that I couldn't get my truck down King Street to deliver :wank4az:

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Those feckers then used to drive down to Carmarthen and park their cars in the most unsuitable places so that I couldn't get my truck down King Street to deliver :wank4az:

We had some neighbours come by once who had just been to Carmarthen. They were complaining that they searched everywhere for this great castle they had heard about, but all they found were the council offices. I asked if they might have got the place mixed up with with Caernarfon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well as council offices go the Carmarthen ones are pretty impressive, there was obviously some wealth there at sometime in the past.  Also one out of only two places that I've seen a coracle being used for fishing rather than in a museum :littleguy:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Well as council offices go the Carmarthen ones are pretty impressive, there was obviously some wealth there at sometime in the past.  Also one out of only two places that I've seen a coracle being used for fishing rather than in a museum :littleguy:

In 1971 I fell off my Vespa there on the rough car park......which is now where the Bus terminus is!

Not one of my better days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3