Day off cheeky 400 kms round trip!!

Sofia

A very quick ride report about a very quick round trip to the river Zêzere and back!!

A customer and friend asked me if I didnt want to joined them for lunch up in the Center of Portugal, around 200kms away from Ericeira, and seeing its Monday, designated day-off, I grabbed the offer with both hands! Absolutely love this region, one day will write a report about it!! 

Zezere!! This is a special river, a favourite of mine, meadering all the way from Serra the Estrela to the Tagus river, joining in Constância. Its famous world wide because viewd from high up looks like a dragon!

It has a few very iconic towns along the way, one passed today is Dornes, a village established by Templer Knights, with a high up position overlooking a large bend of the river, its perfect strategic point to control the surrounding land. 

image.png.cbd80455d076b247d64a17fdc45af8e5.png

And the dam wall on the picture is from Cabril Dam, exactly the same mentioned on my previous ride report! It was pure coincidence I went there today, but when things like this happen I feel a special kind of fuzzy feeling inside! Happy-happy! 

There was no time to visit any of the other cool places, got a call to see a sick doggie and had to return! Vets Day-off is not something doggies understand!! 

Had to get on the motorway, grabed a little coffee and Pastel de Nata, the national pastry, as lunch and was home in a jeefy!! Not legally, but in a jeefy!! IMG-20210628-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.6c0af1bc8a1abd518dc79c3f11c6db70.jpeg

Ear plugs courtesy of Pedro, looking after me from far away!! 

Still, here are a few pictures! And a link to a write-up from a biker that is super informative: https://bermudarover.wordpress.com/2021/01/08/dornes-and-the-zezere-river/

image.png.582c77524dcc27d74c02a040df3a328b.png

DSC_7241.JPG

DSC_7240.JPG

DSC_7239.JPG

DSC_7238.JPG

DSC_7237.JPG

IMG-20210628-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20210628-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20210628-WA0006.jpeg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Beautiful pics Sofia.......and you had a Strom with you?

Yes, 650 I think. The owner is my customer and rides that thing like he stole it!! He is a cross of hipster with offroad pro!! So funny, ridding with Van trainers and skinny jeans, but really well, which is not very hipster!! I laughed a lot today!! And its always special when people over then 10 years your junior want to hang out, specially with bikes! It sure makes me feel more my "correct" age, that is around 30ish!! 

The Strom is very capable!! Amazing what I saw it do today!! Not sure the Honda NC500X is that good, maybe....Saying that, wherever we stopped it was the Triumph that left people with feelings of lust and desire! Not even the Guzzi could match the allure of the English Rose! 😉😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Very nice way to spend your day @Sofia 

A Pastel de Nata looks like a custard tart, what is it?

Its a custard tart! @Pedrocan explain better

• Haha 1

It’s a part of Portugal I don’t much care for. Whine is shit a food isn’t much to my liking, but there are some cool roads around the Zerere river for sure!