ABR 2021

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I imagined it would be overrun with big GS's!

Maybe the owners have realised the dream that Charlie and Ewan sold them was more of a nightmare when it came to riding in the dirt :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Maybe the owners have realised the dream that Charlie and Ewan sold them was more of a nightmare when it came to riding in the dirt :classic_laugh:

Do many of them actually go on the dirt though?

The ones I see here are always immaculate and on the main roads!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Do many of them actually go on the dirt though?

The ones I see here are always immaculate and on the main roads!

The ones that go to the ABR do and it's those i was referring to :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The ones that go to the ABR do and it's those i was referring to :classic_smile:

Not all of them I'm sure Fred......there has to be a fair percentage of posers there!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

Not all of them I'm sure Fred......there has to be a fair percentage of posers there!

I didnt meet anyone there who werent the sort to get off their arses and do stuff- either off roading or overland travel and judging by how many people were plastered in mud the 20 mile slide didnt put anyone off much 😂

There were a fair few GS’ there, they werent many taking them off road that I saw, I assume theyre used as comfortable mile eating touring bikes and know that mud fest isnt what that weighty monster’s designed for. 

Nathan wasnt that thrilled to see us, I think he went off Mr Slowly when he asked him if he was alright or if that was his natural resting bitch face 😂

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Nathan wasnt that thrilled to see us, I think he went off Mr Slowly when he asked him if he was alright or if that was his natural resting bitch face 😂

After your mother names you Nathan you should expect that kind of abuse, she did get the first good look ya know, and it shows... 🤓

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m gonna tell Mr Slowly that one he’ll like it 😂

Nathan seems to be a pretty laid back type of bloke from what I've seen though?

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nathan seems to be a pretty laid back type of bloke from what I've seen though?

He’s a really nice down to earth guy. If youve got to honour all the pre covid bookings you took and still try to keep your business afloat when like most business’ 2019/20s money is long gone its a stressful place to be.

A lot of them are in the same boat, don’t qualify for furlough, the business ‘grants’ handed out were a joke (only bigger businesses got anything useful) and the bank loans are just that, a loan you have to pay back. The banks were arseholes about that too, awarded loans in an unscrupulous manner requesting security over your personal property rather than it being a business loan and the govt guarantee meant nothing. So all in all if youre a small business that didnt qualify for furlough and needed help youre buggered. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He’s a really nice down to earth guy. If youve got to honour all the pre covid bookings you took and still try to keep your business afloat when like most business’ 2019/20s money is long gone its a stressful place to be.

A lot of them are in the same boat, don’t qualify for furlough, the business ‘grants’ handed out were a joke (only bigger businesses got anything useful) and the bank loans are just that, a loan you have to pay back. The banks were arseholes about that too, awarded loans in an unscrupulous manner requesting security over your personal property rather than it being a business loan and the govt guarantee meant nothing. So all in all if youre a small business that didnt qualify for furlough and needed help youre buggered. 

Yeh......difficult time!

And I can't see there's much money in the bike tours/holidays sector myself.......most of them seem to have DIY websites.