Quick trip around home

Earache

Had a couple of friends in from Chicago. They were on a cross country trip and stayed ay our house for a night. I rode with them for about 350 miles yesterday as they were making their way back east.

They were riding a HD of some sort and a Honda Gold Wing - both slower than the second coming of Christ on the roads so I often sped up and shot pics of them as they caught up...

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

• Like 2

Weather was kinda warm - even at elevation - but still almost perfect for riding. I would have liked to do a bit of off roading but their bikes didn't really fit that plan of action so we stuck to the pavement...

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

IMG_5681.JPG

• Like 4

Town was hoppin' though - lots of tourists in the area. The major roads were also crowded as people are getting out now that Covid seems to be over with

IMG_5690.JPG

• Like 3

Aspen,. being lower, was very warm. And it was getting dark. So I gassed up, said bye to my friends and hauled non-stop all the way back home, arriving after dark. Didn't take a single pic on the way back - sorry.

But still, another successful ride.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great shots Eric......and you still got snow there? :classic_ohmy:

Yup - it'll be here all year, never melts completely. Hell, it just snowed about 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Earache said:

Yup - it'll be here all year, never melts completely. Hell, it just snowed about 3 weeks ago.

I couldn't cope with that......and also losing 8 months or so out of every year.

It would drive me crazy!

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I couldn't cope with that......and also losing 8 months or so out of every year.

It would drive me crazy!

It does kinda suck. But my bike would have a million miles on it if I could ride all year - I need the break!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Earache Don't you have tyre laws there that's 3 points per tyre here and you can get a driving ban at 12 points 
image.png.30f804f57f674f6b1eb6f497a68c92dc.png

Shit, that thing isn't even road legal ! It's an off road side by side. In many of the smaller towns here, the cops ignore no reg, no lights etc of the tourist vehicles as they bring in all of the cash that the town needs to survive. Guy drove that into town from the trails to eat, get fuel, etc.

Not unusual to see full blown motocross bike being ridden down the high street and cops ignore it. If the rider doesn't do anything stupid (wheelies, etc.) the cops don't care.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Earache said:

Shit, that thing isn't even road legal ! It's an off road side by side. In many of the smaller towns here, the cops ignore no reg, no lights etc of the tourist vehicles as they bring in all of the cash that the town needs to survive. Guy drove that into town from the trails to eat, get fuel, etc.

Not unusual to see full blown motocross bike being ridden down the high street and cops ignore it.

We got those here but they are registered for the road and that goes for the full blown motocross bikes.  But this country just isn't suited to that kind of vehicle

• Like 1

I do love riding with no helmet, around town and stuff like that on a warm summer evening. However, can't imagine actually getting on the road and go touring without one, regardless of the safety issue it seems unbearably uncomfortable to maintain any sort of speed.

Having said that, a Goldwing or anything with that kind of wind protection is probably the way to do it.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I do love riding with no helmet, around town and stuff like that on a warm summer evening.

So what attracts you to the Death and Dismemberment lifestyle?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So in theory could your friends ride all the way back to Chicago without wearing a lid ?

Yup. They rode out here via South Dakota so that they could skip Nebraska (which has a helmet law) and not wear helmets the entire way out and back. The noise, wind, sun, bugs and other crap in your face is enough to make me wear one - crash safety issues aside.

helmets.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I do love riding with no helmet, around town and stuff like that on a warm summer evening. However, can't imagine actually getting on the road and go touring without one, regardless of the safety issue it seems unbearably uncomfortable to maintain any sort of speed.

Probably another reason why they rarely go over 45-50 mph. Slowest guys I've ever ridden with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1