Colorado

alfalfa

We "discovered" Colorado back around 2012.  We being a friend from TN, Frijole (trying to get him on here), and some good ol boys from Louisiana.  Names you might know.

Camped at Ridgeway and decided to check out Engineer pass, having heard of it from other sites and reports.  Should have listened to the people warning us we would "die" riding up to the Pass, from Ouray side.   We didn't die, but it felt like it.

Trips back almost every year since.  We've slowly roped in more and more people to these trips (check out the excellent Steven Gregory video).  The place has become so special, that Frijole spread the ashes of a great friend at the top of Engineer, and BJD had a sign prepared.  That's a separate story I am still trying to put together, to capture the spirit of riding with friends.

Video:  

While out in Ridgeway, we also took a side jaunt to Moab (that's the weird red rocks you see in pics)

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BusBoy said:

RIGS!!!!!!! You goddamn legend. That's something else and delivered with the typical economy of words. There is so much more you could have said though. And boy am I glad you put that vid up. Next time you harangue me to come over for a ride I can direct you here and confirm "you aint got a lick o sense" and you'll probably get me killed. Awesome mate, just awesome.

PS. Is this where the legend was born? Looks familiar ? ?

FB_IMG_1473441276667.jpg

That was a quick start, soon to be edited.  I see that Stephen took down previous videos. not sure why, but they were just as great.

I want to do justice with the Odom Point story, as that was done for a friend's friend.

Here is another of the AGALOS band's take on Odom Point - http://nyemoto.com/index.php/2017/08/15/billysride/

This is Billy.  Billy would destroy sport bikes on Tail of the Dragon, while on his GS.  Billy would do anything for anyone.  Billy is the kind of guy you would erect a monument to him, on top of a 12000 foot mtn, in Colorado.   The story of Odom Point will blow your mind.

Billy-Odom.jpg

IMG_9991.JPG

Odom Point.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BusBoy said:

That is a really neat tribute to a mate. Did the name stick?

all part of the story to come soon.  wanna have fun, google "ODOM POINT" and see what has happened since 2017.  and, that is only part of the story.   as it stands now, someone has taken down the sign (we figure thieves and not rangers, as they left the sign post, etc).  I have a new one waiting to go back up there as soon as snow is gone.  hurry your butt over and you can participate