Monmouth B Roads

boboneleg

So today I decided to get over the bridge and invade Wales, well just slightly as I would be in and out of the border for this trip.  It were a bit nippy when I left at 08.00 at 1C but the heated grips were on and at least it wasn't windy.

Down the M4 and across the Severn Bridge and bypassed Chepstow and took the B4293 to Monmouth, fuckmine look at the shit on this road............

DSC00003.thumb.jpg.3ccbfadaa824406267f975dd2f2d0218.jpg

Passed through Monmouth and up past the Rockfield Studios where Dave Edmunds used to do his thing....................

Had a quick stop at Skenfrith Castle, sorry about the shit photo but the sun was really strong by now and it was turning into a glorious day...........

IMG_8771.thumb.JPEG.db429835c025214bee3cb89c22c14e8a.JPEG

Moved on up the road towards Grosmont and nearly hit a mother duck waddling up the road with her ducklings , I missed them but stopped to get a photo but by time I'd walked down the road they'd dissapeared throught the hedge.  Instead I took a photo of mummy sheep and her lambs in the field , please refrain from getting a hard-on now Pete :classic_unsure:

IMG_8773.thumb.JPEG.80cd727d8a8df03a41b276e2c3d97a84.JPEG

I carried on up to Peterchurch and then went east , crossing back into England and Herefordshire which is home to some of the finest cider apple orchards anywhere........

IMG_8775.thumb.JPEG.ca411df61df3a264bd314a3b9250b454.JPEG

I made my way to Hoarwithy which is litteraly on the border as the river Wye is the border here between Wales and England.  I popped into Tresseck campsite as my mate was there in his motorhome and was rewarded with a bacon sarnie.............

e83d826d-e1f7-4f26-b374-970fc633b519.jpg.ab836e2aa2cb1114a9a0d21c39ca3eec.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Instead I took a photo of mummy sheep and her lambs in the field , please refrain from getting a hard-on now Pete

Aroused The Office GIF

Nice report Bob!

You fucking deviant! 

kramer GIF

• Haha 1

So on down some more gorgeous backroads and across this glorious common....................

IMG_8780.thumb.JPEG.1e69ce2f6a74c8e28694d315f4975d8c.JPEG

Mr Pheasant wasn't too pleased by my arrival..............

IMG_8779.thumb.JPEG.a22ee07bb31bb8e2f4cdb641f1e454af.JPEG

I came across a handwriiten sign further down the road and went to investigate.  Fawley Chapel, I can't really find out much about it but it looked old and the village only had about 4-5 houses including the farm.............

IMG_8781.thumb.JPEG.ed817abf8a4803729f01cd527346d81b.JPEG

IMG_8782.thumb.JPEG.8262faf1353eddbc07182873213ddc56.JPEG

I made my way down through the Forest of Dean but didn't stop to take any photos as it was rammed with mountain bikers and I spent most of my time trying to pass them.

Back across the old Severn Bridge to England where I took a photo on my GPS, I have no idea why it came out like that ?  Was it doing an impression of 'Galloping Gertie'  ?

DSC00004.thumb.jpg.437d052379ac6b910ee391534f83142e.jpg

Or was I speeding ?  It wasn't me officer, that's my mates GPS  :classic_unsure:

IMG_8784.thumb.JPEG.3cd1fa9defe6c4645ed19c496988306b.JPEG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Nice one Bob. i will be that way on the trails tomorrow you've been waiting to get into Wales to ride and I've been waiting to get into England some of my route will have me crossing the border?

Fred, you need to come over here .  I have a nice trail route up through the Cotswolds ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Passed through Monmouth and up past the Rockfield Studios where Dave Edmunds used to do his thing....................

Come on Bob who the fuck is this, out of all who recorded there you picked this guy to promote Rockfield studios don't you think mentioning that small time band Queen recording Bohemian Rhapsody there might have been a tad more impressive :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Come on Bob who the fuck is this, out of all the who recorded there you picked this guy to promote Rockfield studios don't you think mentioning that small time band Queen recording Bohemian Rhapsody there might have been a tad more impressive :classic_laugh:

But Dave Edmunds owned it , anyway who the fuck are Queen :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its simple Pete ask how many know who Dave Edmunds is and then ask how many know who Queen are and you'll get where i was coming from :littleguy: :classic_laugh:

Dave Edmunds put Rockfield on the map......not Queen. And he's Welsh!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Dave Edmunds put Rockfield on the map......not Queen. And he's Welsh!

Did you not read what i typed this is an international forum only the welsh give a toss about the welsh you may as well be saying he's Mongolian to some on here. And anyway only old bastards remember him :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

OK, I'm an old bastard    :classic_laugh:  :classic_laugh:

I saw him once in the 'Stardust Club'  it was somewhere near Usk (I think) , he was bloody great, mind you I was young and extremely pissed

• Haha 1

Stuff looks so old over there, even Bob, Bob looks as old as the hills too...when did everone get old around here? i thought we were younger types, oh that was another forum long ago, i must be waking up.

I think i saw a castle!!!!!

?

• Haha 1