the northern limit

MooN

I would, of course, really like to ride to the 4 corners of the earth.  Not doable for myriad reasons. 

A four corners of europe trip would be fun, and is an idea put away for later but not forgotten.

The four corners of France Is kinda on the cards, but the plan has turned into more of a "all the way round, passing through the cardinal points" idea and is still in the planning stages.

This is the first one of a "cardinal points" or 4 corners of the departement idea ( hey, start small right!) and it might very soon be the limit of travel anyway.

So, North, East, South and West. Starting with the Northen most point of the Yonne department accessible by road.

1025175756_Screenshot(19).png.4baf37d81b08083958560e1e0a34fa04.png

a round trip of 180km which took me 2h30 minutes + a couple of stops.

Clear blue skies and warm, I dunno what the temp was but I stopped here to remove thermal liner from my jacket.

DSC04402.thumb.JPG.c0e03d61836b70c286f79e57d934bb53.JPG

The northern Limit of the Yonne department ( as opposed to the Yonne river) is just south of Fontaines Fourches on the D147 at 48:23'54"N 3:33'16"E. 

Here; DSC04403.thumb.JPG.566d2d6277709586d236fb3f3784a1c8.JPG

beyond this is the region "Ile de France" which is in lockdown and into which I dare not go for fear of dropping down dead instantly from the dreaded lurgy...

Looking south into our clean and healthy non confined department...DSC04406.thumb.JPG.f6f74d52fbfaab69c1f1fde119b5d36a.JPG

Then I rode home. 

I am hoping the 3 remaining cardinal points of the Yonne are more photogenic, or at least more interesting to look at. 

good ride though?

• Like 7

France is a wonderful place to tour on a bike. Gorgeous landscape, nice food, variety and the French, while we are riding, are nice. They love bikes.   

• Like 2

Brilliant Chris.....I'd love to ride through France one day.....it looks fantastic!

I really liked the South of France when I drove through it coming here.....it was a much more pleasant climate than the north.

27 minutes ago, Sofia said:

France is a wonderful place to tour on a bike. Gorgeous landscape, nice food, variety and the French, while we are riding, are nice. They love bikes.   

Such nice people too...?  ?

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Chris.....I'd love to ride through France one day.....it looks fantastic!

I really liked the South of France when I drove through it coming here.....it was a much more pleasant climate than the north.

southern climate would probably suit you better Pete, more like spain then up here which has a more temperate climate. I'd struggle with the heat much of the time where you are I reckon. 

• Like 2

I’ve crossed France many times by car on motoways, but only a couple of times on small roads. Yours seem the best kind of rolling hills and sweeping corners on a rural background, they make me want to go there, which is nothing like I have felt before.

2 hours ago, MooN said:

Such nice people too...?  ?

southern climate would probably suit you better Pete, more like spain then up here which has a more temperate climate. I'd struggle with the heat much of the time where you are I reckon. 

Nice while we are riding... ?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I’ve crossed France many times by car on motoways, but only a couple of times on small roads. Yours seem the best kind of rolling hills and sweeping corners on a rural background, they make me want to go there, which is nothing like I have felt before.

its a beautiful country on a bike!