Third Weekend in January!

XTreme

And for the first time since Xmas I should be out! Sunday in particular is looking pretty good!

1283271282_Screenshot2021-01-15110025.jpg.fab0b7953c5eb9611db4161faa462634.jpg

I can't leave Andalucia......so crossing into Murcia is out of the question!

Apart from that I'm good to go! And I really need to get out after the crazy weather we've endured!

So what are you lot up to?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And for the first time since Xmas I should be out! Sunday in particular is looking pretty good!

1283271282_Screenshot2021-01-15110025.jpg.fab0b7953c5eb9611db4161faa462634.jpg

I can't leave Andalucia......so crossing into Murcia is out of the question!

Apart from that I'm good to go! And I really need to get out after the crazy weather we've endured!

So what are you lot up to?

I don't know the area well, but Andalucia alone must be plenty of space for some pretty long day rides, even if you plan on leaving in the morning and only come back home 4 or 5 hours later. Above 12º is pretty comfortable if it's sunny and you keep out of motorways.

5 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Dunking my nads into the Conwy estuary again. Drop HydraBish back into the water and after a quick blatt about make my way over to the cruiser to fire up the generators once more. Only managed to half charge the house batteries last weekend. While they are charging I'll probably do some bilge rat work before heading back. In this weather I dont really want to sleep onboard as breath condensation in the cabins can set off black mold and running the heaters all night thwarts the concept of charging them.

Is it too expensive or unavailable to get it connected to marina electricity and heating it up that way overnight?

I will be home, going for a walk in the morning with my brother and Costa, and a little one in the afternoon. Portugal is on a lockdown so even though I would be not getting close to other people I don't really feel like being stopped by cops asking what my reason for being on the road is. Here, lockdown is within councils so you can't really ride anywhere if you stick to the rules. Although, as in everything portuguese we are the best at giving unclear orders, on the portuguese government website it states "there is a mandatory duty to stay home", for fucks sake, either it's mandatory or it's a duty!

I'll be staying with my family over these two or three weeks (I hope) so don't really want to bring the bug home either. I'll be bored, may start reading a book.

• Like 2

Dont worry @Pedro, the locals are always handy to help Bruce types who are to cheap to pay for marina luxury like, say safe harbour, internet, cable, electricity, septic other then "on the rocks".DSCN5634.thumb.JPG.9e8ac42e5bd427a4f31ccea8012b7d16.JPG

3 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

The batteries are normally kept fully charged by the combination of solar power and engine alternator but this winter the light has been so poor I'm getting only 10% out of my solar capacity and of course with lockdown the boat engines dont get to run to make up the shortfall. Wind generators are incredibly noisy when on the silence of the sea so no. Yotties are used to rigging rattling so a wind turbine makes no odds to them.

Ghetto life? The day you catch me in a marina with all the floating ghetto caravans you will know I've traded cruising for a floating holiday home. I'm no marina queen and I'm bloody lucky to have my berth. There is a never ever waiting list for it.

Harbour life is the good life.

11222120_10153190544788922_6329635998884387252_n.jpg

22426595_10155247481333922_2979096600574859127_o.jpg

18839441_10154866518368922_5716169120123755855_o.jpg

1524684_10153190544703922_6401725472161343106_n.jpg

Just thought it would be a good way to get it dried up inside after a weekend.

Is a "berth" a spot on the water that is reserved to you, or a place tied to the dock itself? Here there aren't many places with big enough protection from the sea waves that you can keep boats year round other than marinas.

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Is a "berth" a spot on the water that is reserved to you, or a place tied to the dock itself? 

We have a Harbor Master who assigns them, not many available...priority does go to those that own property on the water.

You;re being one dimentional Bruce. You can be like that here too butt, check out my location.

405447798_ssp2.thumb.jpg.3387299ed3f4958b3421298b9fe95a7b.jpg

From dock to open water in less then 3..2..untie the freaking boat! Id say 60% of those using docks here are recreational fishermen, it addition, due to tax laws, some boats qualify as a vacation home and are tax deductible,

quite the incentive for those boaters you see tied up. Summer homes on the water never looked so cheap. All summer its a parade of trophy wives going by i love summer.

My town makes 90% of its revenue during the 3 months of nice weather we get. Pffft those dockers all you want, no money in you floaters until a big wind comes up.

:wave:

8 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You've made my point. Most Marina boats ARE holiday homes 

No i dint, at most its a percentage of 40% based on what i wrote. Reading is funduhMental in your case.

In the mix you have sailboats, we dont talk to those people...lol And so what?

My best guess is my clean dirbike and spotless adventure boots twist your nads in a bunch too.

O pinions are like what again?

:banana121or:

Dont mean nothing over here, it was like calling me Hoale on guam, i was like, my name aint How Lee im not chinese you dumb (insert appropriate racist term for pacific islander).

You sound like a foreigner, are you a commie too?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Andalucia alone must be plenty of space for some pretty long day rides

Can't go too far Pedro.....I'm always on call and I have other commitments here due to Ali's osteoarthritis!

It's a man's life as a modern Pensioner! 

kramer GIF

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Can't go too far Pedro.....I'm always on call and I have other commitments here due to Ali's osteoarthritis!

It's a man's life as a modern Pensioner! 

kramer GIF

You don’t do to bad Pete you seem to get out and about quite a bit, helps I suppose as the weather there is a tad better than here to cold wet and miserable here so my bike stays off the road, no MOT at the moment so with the weather as it is I won’t test it till later?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Swagman said:

You don’t do to bad Pete you seem to get out and about quite a bit, helps I suppose as the weather there is a tad better than here to cold wet and miserable here so my bike stays off the road, no MOT at the moment so with the weather as it is I won’t test it till later?

Once......maybe twice on a weekend if I'm lucky.

Nothing in the week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Go find your own bitch, I'm still grooming mine

Got to give Bruce credit, he only stalks the very attractive types here.

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Once......maybe twice on a weekend if I'm lucky.

Nothing in the week.

We don’t go out much usually a Sunday and Wednesday as the daughter is off work those days, there are usually 4 some Sundays 5 of us the wife pillion daughter and a 74year old git who rides a MT 10 or his ZX10 ninja and another mate on a Tracer, there’s always a food stop involved sometimes two or sometimes a bike dealers.?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

There was dust on my Beak! Gone now!

Cos that sort of shit can get you killed!

dfd-min.jpg

Well if you can’t ride you can always clean.?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well if you can’t ride you can always clean.?

If this was war you;d get a medal right now!

Comment of the Year material!

• Like 1

I just got back from a beautiful sunny ride through the forest.  Plan on riding tomorrow and Sunday if possible.

I need to finish up Part 2 of my Bearings YouTube video for launch tomorrow.  Then start Part 3, one video a week is a bit crazy for the editing I need to do.  But my fans demand it.......:classic_laugh:

9541F376-03F3-458D-9C16-DDE60303EC7C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I just got back from a beautiful sunny ride through the forest.  Plan on riding tomorrow and Sunday if possible.

I need to finish up Part 2 of my Bearings YouTube video for launch tomorrow.  Then start Part 3, one video a week is a bit crazy for the editing I need to do.  But my fans demand it.......:classic_laugh:

9541F376-03F3-458D-9C16-DDE60303EC7C_1_201_a.jpeg

Give it a rest will ya, it’s cold wet snowy freezing fog plus risk of flooding and you just upset us with your bluddy sunshine.?

• Haha 2