Covid ride , Bristol street art.

boboneleg

So in Bristol, England we are in Tier 3 at the moment.  So after reading the gubberment guidelines ............

Where possible, you should stay local and avoid travelling outside your local area, meaning your village or town, or part of a city. People should continue to travel for reasons such as work, education, medical attention or if they have caring responsibilities.

I decided to ride around Bristol and observe some of the street art.  I decided on ignoring the Banksy's as I've seen those loads and loads of times and tried to find some new stuff.

First off is this one which is about two miles from my house and I think it pays homage to St. George's park which is next door to it......

IMG_7995.thumb.JPEG.c16778dbce0f86892cf6cc0819ef430e.JPEG

After that one I was struggling to remember where I had seen some others, I really need to write things down or make a note in my phone now that old age is rampaging through my two brain cells ?

So there was nothing for it but to check out the boozers (public houses to our friends across the pond), we have some funky ones around here.

This is the Full Moon, or it was 40 years ago when I used to frequent it on our pub crawl into town......

IMG_7996.thumb.JPEG.3b7cbf2519293e4142c3c131d2cf0c33.JPEG

and here is another one of my old haunts, the Prince of Wales.  Many an unsuspecting female student has been chatted up in there by me and my mates  :classic_rolleyes:

IMG_7998.thumb.JPEG.f1cb9a7952ee4dae1c47ff805b2804ef.JPEG

At this point I'd like to make a request to the owners of diesel cars in Bristol...............

CHANGE YOUR FUCKING FUEL FILTERS AND GET A SERVICE DONE YOU STINKING BUNCH OF WANKERS  :wank4az: :wank4az:

The amount of shitty diesel fumes I inhaled today made my stomach heave, no wonder I prefer to ride in the countryside ?

and finally, a house by Jct2  of the M32, which as everyone knows is the greatest motorway in the UK ?

IMG_8003.thumb.JPEG.d04630b91c216e2c2b67b3b6b5fd7f5b.JPEG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic Bob!

My memories of Bristol after staying there for a few months in the summer of 1971.

The place was full of Skinheads.......particularly in the subway tunnels. The Hatchet pub. Rough place as I recall.....cheap hookers and blokes looking for trouble!

Went back in there the following year on bikes......about 40 of us! Nobody seemed to want to know then as there was an army of us instead of just one 17 year old Welsh boy on his own. But they still banned us all pretty quick and called Plod to get us out! :classic_laugh:

Bands I saw in the Colston Hall (Wishbone Ash, Curved Air, Mick Abrahams Band)......and a great club (I think on Whiteladies Road) The Old Granary. Saw a prog rock band there called Graphite.......with all strobe lighting. Real psychedlic shit as I recall.

And also the club at the top of Whiteladies Road by Clifton Downs.....can't remember the name though.

I liked Bristol.....always have. Generally found the people decent enough....just not very bright. And the strange habit they have of applying genders to inanimate objects is weird.....they wouldn't say "It (The Lift) is coming down"......they'd say "He (The Lift) is coming down".

And Bristol girls are very easy to shock with vulgarity.......whereas you'll never shock a Welsh girl with vulgarity. Am I right @Sir Fallsalot?

I remember saying "vagina" once and this girl was really shocked....."OMG he used the word vagina". I told her......"You should hear the word I use the other side of the fucking bridge then luv!" :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Hilarious and pretty close Id say, unfortunately Bristol is  not like that now. It's full of new age hippies and do-gooders.  The real Bristolians have retreated to the suburbs as the 'right-on' gang have taken over the old center of Bristol.

I had my RD250 nicked outside the Granary, one day I'll tell you the story of how I got it back :classic_unsure:  The club up Whiteladies Road was called Platform 1 as I remember because it was an old railway station.

As for Bristolians not being very 'bright' you only have to look at Little Britains 'Vicky Pollard'  Matt Lucas modelled her on a South Bristol girl, I reckon he got it bang on :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

As for Bristolians not being very 'bright'

You're well ahead of the Gloucester lot though.....they are pretty thick!

As for the Foresters.......they have to be the most retarded people in Britain surely?

I mean, I've been to a lot places in the UK, and lived in a fair few.....I even went in a bloke's house in Banwen who had a big glass case to display the huge turd he shat out......but nothing gets close to the complete and utter brainlessness of the Foresters!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, I'm with you on the foresters, inbred capital of the UK isn't it :classic_unsure:

Quite an eye opener for me in the late 90's being told, on more than one occasion by Foresters, that they couldn't read or write.

I like the last one, with the wildlife. Street-art indeed.

Diesels are sometimes obnoxious here too, more so when de-filtered and remapped with no concerns for diesel-air mixes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tym said:

Is it me bad eyes or does the Pince of Wales offer Butt Combing services? Asking for a hairy butt named Bruce.  :wave:

I think you'll find that's Butcombe Ales Tym, the service you're talking about is generally offered to Conservative MP's in the UK

https://butcombe.com/

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I think you'll find that's Butcombe Ales Tym, the service you're talking about is generally offered to Conservative MP's in the UK

https://butcombe.com/

Your "conservatives" look like pinko commies from here. Just saying, words used to have meanings. :wave:

• Haha 2