The Countdown to 2021.......

XTreme

.......can it be as fucking awful as 2020? 

Along came Covid........and then I lost my European Citizenship!

I'm glad to see the back of this year.....but without sounding like a pessimist I don't hold much hopes for 2021!

What about you?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

.......can it be as fucking awful as 2020? 

Along came Covid........and then I lost my European Citizenship!

I'm glad to see the back of this year.....but without sounding like a pessimist I don't hold much hopes for 2021!

What about you?

yeah, i just realised that though I can live and work in France, the rest of the EU is now closed to me as a potential live/ work  zone. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MooN said:

yeah, i just realised that though I can live and work in France, the rest of the EU is now closed to me as a potential live/ work  zone. 

Yep......that's pretty much it! We're both landlocked where we are and the only other option available is to return to Plague Island! Which isn't an option!

My only (and very remote) possibility of getting a Get out of Jail Card is Welsh Independence sometime in the future. But I don't have all the time in the world to wait for that to happen!

Unfortunately, as you're English, you've got no way out other than French citizenship. Which in your place I'd have done years ago as your family are all French.

French citizenship is definately now on the cards. i was waiting to see aht happened with Brexshit. I have the dossier ready to go and now just need to find the funds

( official translations and language exams all cost money.) about 1000€ should do it, but I ain't got that available just now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MooN said:

French citizenship is definately now on the cards. i was waiting to see aht happened with Brexshit. I have the dossier ready to go and now just need to find the funds

( official translations and language exams all cost money.) about 1000€ should do it, but I ain't got that available just now. 

Yeh.....it's a PITA! I think after 15 years, if you've worked and contributed to the country, you should be given it.

I actually had a great year. ?  I live in a small bubble in a small place and keep to myself, so I haven't really been out of sorts this year.

Honestly, this year will always be remembered for the year motorcycles came back into my life.  I regained some confidence, learned new skills, met cool new people, adventured into places I would never have gone before, found a happy place I had been missing and this is the part where I break into song......? lalalalalala ?

I am sad so many people had a bummer year, but it's been a full time party time at my house. ?  You are all invited!  ?

I hope everyone can find a bit of happiness next year. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I actually had a great year. ?  I live in a small bubble in a small place and keep to myself, so I haven't really been out of sorts this year.

Honestly, this year will always be remembered for the year motorcycles came back into my life.  I regained some confidence, learned new skills, met cool new people, adventured into places I would never have gone before, found a happy place I had been missing and this is the part where I break into song......? lalalalalala ?

I am sad so many people had a bummer year, but it's been a full time party time at my house. ?  You are all invited!  ?

I hope everyone can find a bit of happiness next year. ?

And you found a place to hangout full of like-minded people......because after all, this song was written for you Michelle......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Can you adopt me and @MooN then?

?

French citizenship doesn't cost anything. it's getting the bloody necessary paperwork that costs. original birth cerificates of both parents, and mine obviously, £35 each from the registrar general in London. Language evaluation certificate 150 odd € + the nearest test centres are over an hours drive away, endless papers of proof of employ, proof of residence, proof of identity, + marriege certificates + kids birth certificates + proof of joint living bask as far as possible or 10 years, etc,etc,etc, all foreign paperwork to be accompanied by a translation by an accredited translator (€€€€) + photo's +...+...+...

• Sad 1

My oldest brother had to go through all that French crap, he sweated the interview parts, they were all in French...fast forward to me and it was tit easy, and we both ended up with the same thing really.

:classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

My oldest brother had to go through all that French crap, he sweated the interview parts, they were all in French...fast forward to me and it was tit easy, and we both ended up with the same thing really.

:classic_ninja:

The world is fucked @Tym.

@MooN has probably been an EU citizen all his life, I have since I was 18......and on Saturday we're not! It's stripped from us and we had no say about it.....no vote, nothing! (Can't say anymore because it'll drift into Politics).

But you are? I'm not saying you shouldn't be an EU citizen......that's your right because of your Irish ancestry. But imagine how you'd feel if it was taken from you against your wishes.......when you actually live on the European continent?

4 minutes ago, Tym said:

Starting to wonder if Buckster is really an alias for Bruce. :classic_unsure:

If Bruce was switching into Buck as an alias I'm sure he'd take his camera with him!

1 hour ago, BusBoy said:

You're showing your age Mucho

But to be honest

Ok.....”Strange”, I love it, “Wild”, well sure let’s party......BUT under NO circumstances do I have the time to sit with a bunch of over done up ladies getting piss drunk talking about dicks....nope no time. They just mess up my roll.... ???

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Oh rubbish. The one common factor that unites all girls of all persuasions and denominations is a night out on the gossip. They cant get enough of it.

How do you know Bruce? Were you a regular on girls' nights out? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BusBoy said:

Oh rubbish. The one common factor that unites all girls of all persuasions and denominations is a night out on the gossip. They cant get enough of it.

So, here I think we are off to the start of a lovely friendship and then you say these things. ?

My dear Cheeks, if this is all you know about women then I am happy to introduce you to a whole new style. ? Hi

I don't do "ladies night", the sooner you understand these things the sooner we can move on to happier days. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2020 has been a bitch for me and Lynne...and it still keeps giving us turd presents. one more day to go and tonight the dishwasher shits itself. motherboard is fried. 2021 has got to be better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can't say I didn't have a good 2020.

In the first half of the year, external markets closing or stopping meant my suppliers only had Portugal as a sales resource, so that made it easy for me to sell a lot easier than normal, and a lot more too. By July it all changed though, and it's been shit ever since, with a promise of carrying on like that at least until summertime. I have lightened some expenses and hope to carry on, I can adjust my personal earnings to the flow of things now, so just rolling with the punches.

I also rode the bike a lot more than normal, did two big trips, top to bottom of Portugal on small roads, stopping for swimming pools and nice dinners (opinions vary). I got to know my bike better, and got to know my own small country a lot better than before, and appreciate it more than before. 

I am ending the year in a deep low, though, I'm feeling quite depressed. I'm quite sad and lacking energy to do anything. I could have taken the bike through southern Portugal as the weather hasn't been too bad, but quite simply didn't. Next 4 days will be of full lockdown so definitely no riding. Will stay in Sofia's until monday and take it from there. 

For next year, though, I see some motorcycle touring in Portugal at least. I see work being frustrating, and I see me and Sofia trying to start a guided tour company, very slowly at first. If that sells a couple of tours in 2021 it'll be a success as it's all so uncertain. 

I would also like to think that if the pandemic is half dealt with, and the situation in Spain and Morocco improves, I would like to go on a bigger trip. Painful as it will surely be going back to Tangier, I miss the place and the riding.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I can't say I didn't have a good 2020.

In the first half of the year, external markets closing or stopping meant my suppliers only had Portugal as a sales resource, so that made it easy for me to sell a lot easier than normal, and a lot more too. By July it all changed though, and it's been shit ever since, with a promise of carrying on like that at least until summertime. I have lightened some expenses and hope to carry on, I can adjust my personal earnings to the flow of things now, so just rolling with the punches.

I also rode the bike a lot more than normal, did two big trips, top to bottom of Portugal on small roads, stopping for swimming pools and nice dinners (opinions vary). I got to know my bike better, and got to know my own small country a lot better than before, and appreciate it more than before. 

I am ending the year in a deep low, though, I'm feeling quite depressed. I'm quite sad and lacking energy to do anything. I could have taken the bike through southern Portugal as the weather hasn't been too bad, but quite simply didn't. Next 4 days will be of full lockdown so definitely no riding. Will stay in Sofia's until monday and take it from there. 

For next year, though, I see some motorcycle touring in Portugal at least. I see work being frustrating, and I see me and Sofia trying to start a guided tour company, very slowly at first. If that sells a couple of tours in 2021 it'll be a success as it's all so uncertain. 

I would also like to think that if the pandemic is half dealt with, and the situation in Spain and Morocco improves, I would like to go on a bigger trip. Painful as it will surely be going back to Tangier, I miss the place and the riding.

You hang in there Pedro! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1