Nobody Expects........

XTreme

It's the Perfect Storm! 

Due to Covid we're restricted to staying within the town perimeters, but we're just about out of our Brit food.....inc tea bags! However, the Brit supermarkets are all in Albox, Almeria. And I think you're all familiar with my bi-monthly visits by now!

To make things more tricky, I suspect home confinement is heading our way soon.......with Xmas approaching!

So after carefully studying the regulations it appears as if we can leave the town area, and the province, if it's work related! 

And what do you know? I have a client in Albox! So I rang him today, told him the score, and he's giving me an alibi in case I get a pull.

So tomorrow, it's keep business papers and laptop in the car, along with tax returns to prove the existence of the business. And the destination will be Albox!

Fingers crossed I don't get to experience......

spacer.png

• Haha 3

I've got plenty of form for this.......2010.......and a DR650 returning from Albox with 2200 tea bags in the box!

dr40.jpg.5fb0a6488bcdfe79adcddea93d4f19e9.jpg

Never thought I'd ever see the day where I could be potentially breaking the law by going to buy tea bags!

And let's be fair......I've seen a lot of days!

aging matt damon GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That's so brit it hurts, @XTreme, can´t you buy the damned tea bags and have them delivered? Are they not good for more than 2 months?

You are forbidden to criticize any UK residents for a week 

world of warcraft legion GIF

I've always said that the ONLY thing I miss about Britain is British Tea......nothing else!

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

I just have. My hope on humanity has dropped another 1,5% 

They had a news item on it a few years ago and the reporter was stood in a vast candle lit space. He said that if you stood quietly (obviously there is no breeze) you could hear the rhubarb growing, a sort of creaking noise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

They had a news item on it a few years ago and the reporter was stood in a vast candle lit space. He said that if you stood quietly (obviously there is no breeze) you could hear the rhubarb growing, a sort of creaking noise.

Sort of like watching paint dry

Left at 10......and back by 1.30! A round trip of 140 miles!

First stop Brit shop 1......

alb1.jpg.01bc9ad7bfe536bf9497d16cbb5b6c11.jpg

Filled up half the boot there......starting with the most important first! 3300 Tea Bags!

alb3.jpg.5765f347a01c2b677912ab83113f9692.jpg

Then it was Brit shop 2......

alb2.jpg.aa85aeebc78c9353afa1ccc3d5c148cc.jpg

Culminating in this......

alb4.jpg.8b123f23bbcb973b8a09689f18e16439.jpg

Saw two Guardia......one was pulling a gypo on the motorway.....and the other coming from the opposite direction.

Mission accomplished without incident! I believe this is what is known as Dark Shopping! :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

How many tea bags do you use per day, @XTreme? Sounds like you could import them by the pallet!

I'm not sure Pedro.....I'd say a big bag would last us about 5 to 6 weeks.

They'll go further in Summer though cos it gets a bit hot for tea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Left at 10......and back by 1.30! A round trip of 140 miles!

First stop Brit shop 1......

alb1.jpg.01bc9ad7bfe536bf9497d16cbb5b6c11.jpg

Filled up half the boot there......starting with the most important first! 3300 Tea Bags!

alb3.jpg.5765f347a01c2b677912ab83113f9692.jpg

Then it was Brit shop 2......

alb2.jpg.aa85aeebc78c9353afa1ccc3d5c148cc.jpg

Culminating in this......

alb4.jpg.8b123f23bbcb973b8a09689f18e16439.jpg

Saw two Guardia......one was pulling a gypo on the motorway.....and the other coming from the opposite direction.

Mission accomplished without incident! I believe this is what is known as Dark Shopping! :classic_cool:

What's in the cardboard boxes? Bike polish or dunking biscuits?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

What's in the cardboard boxes? Bike polish or dunking biscuits?

More grub Yen!

Though I did manage to pick up a degreaser spray and a dashboard spray while I was there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1