Abandoned Railway Station in Caniles!

XTreme

I did a trip to the old Railway Station in Caniles earlier in the year but I wanted to revisit it on the Beemer.......and I've got a better camera now.

So much easier manoeuvring around the platform on the Beemer......this thing is bloody brilliant!

Caniles and back is 70 miles.......and the Beemer did it using one gallon of petrol while going at motorway speeds.

So the run this morning cost less than €5. :classic_laugh:

gs35.jpg

gs35a-min.jpg

gs35b-min.jpg

gs36.jpg

gs36a-min.jpg

gs36b-min.jpg

gs36c.jpg

gs37.jpg

gs38a-min.jpg

gs38b-min.jpg

gs39.jpg

gs39a-min.jpg

gs39b-min.jpg

gs39c1.jpg

gs39c-min.jpg

gs39d-min.jpg

gs40.jpg

gs40a.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, so is it all abandoned? I can see the old old buildings fine, but some of the buildings look like they are in great shape, the one looked like a visitor centre or something.  So strange and interesting. ?? Every time I see your bike on the side stand I get side stand envy (is that a thing?) , the one on the Himalayan sucks donkey balls. ?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Glad to see you enjoying the new bike.

If this thing proves to be reliable......and only time will tell on that......then this could be the one I keep forever! :classic_ohmy:

And for me to say that it has to be something special.

Thing is......where do I go after this because there's no more big Thumpers being made apart from the KTM!

And they're too offroad focussed for my use.......and I'd question it's reliability.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thing is......where do I go after this because there's no more big Thumpers being made apart from the KTM!

And they're too offroad focussed for my use.......and I'd question it's reliability.

This is where I'm stuck Pete i long for a new DR.XR or XT type 650 with all the same design but with water cooled and fuel injection but their only interested in bringing out overweight 250's and I'm not ready for the lack of power yet

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is where I'm stuck Pete i long for a new DR.XR or XT type 650 with all the same design but with water cooled and fuel injection but their only interested in bringing out overweight 250's and I'm not ready for the lack of power yet

Euro emissions have killed them all off Fred! I think this Beemer is one of the last made!

So as I said to Pedro......where do I go after this? The CRF250L is a great little bike by all accounts.......but 24bhp is going to be a struggle!

So that's why I'm hoping the Beemer is going to be reliable......because I'm all out of options now!

And I have to say that the difference with having the tank under the seat is very noticeable......no more top heavy feel.

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Euro emissions have killed them all off Fred! I think this Beemer is one of the last made!

So as I said to Pedro......where do I go after this? The CRF250L is a great little bike by all accounts.......but 24bhp is going to be a struggle!

So that's why I'm hoping the Beemer is going to be reliable......because I'm all out of options now!

And I have to say that the difference with having the tank under the seat is very noticeable......no more top heavy feel.

You say that Pete but there's loads of new 650 singles being sold in the UK but their all made by the chinks, KTM or Husqvarna so i don't think that's the reason 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

You say that Pete but there's loads of new 650 singles being sold in the UK but their all made by the chinks, KTM or Husqvarna so i don't think that's the reason 

Is there? But isn't Husqvarna part of KTM now?

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My mate sent me a link to a dealer in France selling brand new DR650 's , I think he's getting them in from USA.  He's punting them out at 7,999 euros which is a bit steep but if someone was selling them in UK at £7,000 I would be seriously tempted.

• Like 1