Third Weekend in August!

XTreme

Got to take the wife shopping in Baza tomorrow morning! :classic_sad:

But Sunday.......it could be the abandoned village high up in the Sierra de Segura mountains in the Jaen province!

lg.jpg.21f21cd63078e0d011c41796bef30468.jpg

It will need to be filed under Rugged Individualism of course! :classic_cool:

Now you've all admitted that you can get on your bikes (using various bizarre techniques).......so what about you lot doing something on this scale?

With pics and vids obviously.......otherwise it didn't happen.

Plus of course, people will have you pegged as an Internet Bullshitter! Is that what you want?........Cos that's what's going to happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Chucking it down here, my wife complained that the grocery shopping was all wet, it didn't matter that I was soaked ?

I thought you were having a heatwave there  Bob?

18 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

It'll be fettle with the spanners weekend. I have a list of maintenance and farkle adding chores as long as my arm.

My alternator belt came a little loose last trip out and cut into a raw water pipe. It's an engine strip down to get to the other end of it. Replace destroyed alternator now caked in salt. Replace old claw anchor with new age spade anchor, replace supercharger mufflers. Install boost gauges and wiring. Install EGT temp gauges and wiring. Replace senders and track down a faulty earth somewhere and then clean out the effing bilge once again. What else, there's always other things to do, oh ya. calibrate the engine management system for super charger cut -out and kick in and replace a electromagnet in one of the clutches.  If there is time I will wire in the inverter and wire in the new radar arch speakers while transferring the fridges to solar power MPPT load.

It's fun and games throwing a leg over this lot cos it's a bit of a tight squeeze in places and having cultured a respectable beer belly certainly doesn't help. What we need is a svelte tYm type to ferret into the back of that lot, slam the hatches shut and feed them on reward.

2lmQsgP.jpg

Eeeks - def not a lot of room in there and dark, too!

Driving a mate down to the hospital in Denver today for his back surgery and then picking him up on Sunday. So there's two days of my weekend shot as I play ambulance driver.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just went out to my truck - there's fire ash all over it. We have 2-3 forest fires in the State with the closest one being about 50 miles away. can't believe how much ash they're putting out. Really smells of smoke, too.

Makes for cool sun photos though (not my pic)

fire1.jpg

• Like 2

Day off work today and pissed off. been waiting for the rear shock to be rebuilt for my XR400 for over a month only to be phoned up today to be told the place i had it rebuilt about 9 years ago have done a botch job on it and now its fucked. So i dug out the spare i bought years ago. It looks OK on the outside except the top bearing is shot and the rubber bump stop has rotted off. After discovering i don't have to use nitrogen gas to recharge it i decided to have a go at rebuilding it myself which then pissed me off even more because i've realised i have been wasting my time and money getting it done elsewhere when it's something i can do myself

Shock all in bits waiting to pick up my other shock now to try and make one good one out of the two

IMG_9776.thumb.jpg.629524f7404c2a55782754ca03c3ee29.jpg

I knocked up this shock seal bullet ready for the rebuild

IMG_9774.thumb.jpg.73eed8f708e86763610629f091537dda.jpg

It covers the end of the shaft so you can slide the seal head back on without damaging the seals 

IMG_9775.thumb.jpg.8246368c3eb17b002eaeddc2fdc2194a.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BusBoy said:

It'll be fettle with the spanners weekend. I have a list of maintenance and farkle adding chores as long as my arm.

My alternator belt came a little loose last trip out and cut into a raw water pipe. It's an engine strip down to get to the other end of it. Replace destroyed alternator now caked in salt. Replace old claw anchor with new age spade anchor, replace supercharger mufflers. Install boost gauges and wiring. Install EGT temp gauges and wiring. Replace senders and track down a faulty earth somewhere and then clean out the effing bilge once again. What else, there's always other things to do, oh ya. calibrate the engine management system for super charger cut -out and kick in and replace a electromagnet in one of the clutches.  If there is time I will wire in the inverter and wire in the new radar arch speakers while transferring the fridges to solar power MPPT load.

It's fun and games throwing a leg over this lot cos it's a bit of a tight squeeze in places and having cultured a respectable beer belly certainly doesn't help. What we need is a svelte tYm type to ferret into the back of that lot, slam the hatches shut and feed them on reward.

xxgiphy.gif.bdb51c4c173cb1ec9f68421dc203b77c.gif

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Potential BOTM pic I'd say @Tym

She sure is running nice now, so she's my bike of the month for sure. Lighter, better brakes, carb is working well, vroom! :littleguy:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Day off work today and pissed off. been waiting for the rear shock to be rebuilt for my XR400 for over a month only to be phoned up today to be told the place i had it rebuilt about 9 years ago have done a botch job on it and now its fucked. So i dug out the spare i bought years ago. It looks OK on the outside except the top bearing is shot and the rubber bump stop has rotted off. After discovering i don't have to use nitrogen gas to recharge it i decided to have a go at rebuilding it myself which then pissed me off even more because i've realised i have been wasting my time and money getting it done elsewhere when it's something i can do myself

Shock all in bits waiting to pick up my other shock now to try and make one good one out of the two

IMG_9776.thumb.jpg.629524f7404c2a55782754ca03c3ee29.jpg

I knocked up this shock seal bullet ready for the rebuild

IMG_9775.thumb.jpg.8246368c3eb17b002eaeddc2fdc2194a.jpg

You got access to a lathe then Fred ?

1 hour ago, Lone Amigo said:

At first I wondered what kind of gear you are wearing -- butt then I realized your new tank blends with your pants.

Gotta match colours! Got to look spiffy while passing CT's upper crusters!

818684557_porch.jpg.810a5455881fe1c97cb49510bb7aede5.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Depends who's asking :classic_laugh:

we've got one in work Fred and my boss loves making one-off parts for the race bikes.  They are such a great item to have.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

we've got one in work Fred and my boss loves making one-off parts for the race bikes.  They are such a great item to have.

I'm too impatient with it Bob running blunt tools and incorrect speeds LOL i need to set it up properly but i only make bushes and spacers with it so i don't need to be too accurate. I've used them before my teens as my father has always had a lathe and milling machine amongst other stuff so thought it was about time i got my own  and did a few years ago

• Like 2

Only out locally for an hour earlier this morning........but even at 10AM it was steaming.

Going to have to postpone any remote exploration stuff till mid September the way it's going now!

Only took one pic......too hot to stop! But there should be a vid of riding through the cave house district of Galera later.

vs392.thumb.jpg.0f5ec5590ee2de87e6477035f4bbfd59.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Top man class! :littleguy:

But all is not lost.......I've got a couple of Galera pics I took about a year or so ago......and they've never been posted!

So I'll add them in with the vid on the report!

Scrub that......they're crap!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1