The abandoned Spanish village of Retamalejo

XTreme

Today I tracked down the abandoned Spanish village of Retamalejo in the Murcia province. It originally had 25 dwellings there.....most are in ruins now, and it's been empty since 1980.

This one was hard......despite leaving early in the morning it got very hot, very quickly. By the time I'd walked round there in the heat my hands were shaking so much I was struggling to take any more pics! Yes it was that bad.......and I've now got heatstroke!

I was thinking to myself.....why am I still doing crazy shit like this at 66? Well I don't know the answer to that.....but I do know that it's a better option than being incarcerated in an Old Folks Home!

vs389.jpg

vs389a-min.jpg

vs389b-min.jpg

vs390.jpg

vs390a-min.jpg

vs390b-min.jpg

vs390c-min.jpg

vs390d-min.jpg

vs390e-min.jpg

vs390f-min.jpg

vs390g-min.jpg

vs390h-min.jpg

vs390i-min.jpg

vs390j-min.jpg

vs390k-min.jpg

vs390l-min.jpg

vs390m-min.jpg

vs390n-min.jpg

vs390o-min.jpg

vs390p-min.jpg

vs390q-min.jpg

vs390r-min.jpg

vs390s-min.jpg

vs390t-min.jpg

vs390u-min.jpg

vs390v-min.jpg

vs390w-min.jpg

vs390x-min.jpg

vs390y-min.jpg

vs391-min.jpg

• Like 4

I hope you carry a big bottle of water in that topcase, when doing silly shit like that. Getting ahead of the dehydration is half the battle.

• Like 1

Really interesting place to explore, thanks for risking your life to bring us these adventures..... ??  Seriously, stay safe, is there maybe a cooler time of the year to be going out there?  I think it is awesome that you are still seeking adventure, at any age.  I know way too many people who sit on their ass and let life pass them by, live it and enjoy it! ? 

• Like 2

I have tried a seat cover like that suggested above, received it on the mail yesterday, tested today in about 30 or 32º.

IMG_8798.thumb.jpeg.c11a4a8fa2cda52e08fd278b2cdc693c.jpeg

IMG_8804.thumb.jpeg.fa4dfface36dc884f0bad9d7bbf8c8bb.jpeg

I can say it is an improvement over normal. You can indeed feel some ventilation but only going at over 120 or 130kmh, rest of the time I think it also helps but it's not as noticeable. Of course this depends on bike aerodynamics. I'll have to go on a trip with it off and instal after a while to see how much of a difference it makes.

It does make the seat firmer but also comfier, also less grabby than . For the cost it's an improvement in hot conditions for sure.

I am not sure from which seller I bought mine, but I think it took well over month to arrive from China.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Really interesting place to explore, thanks for risking your life to bring us these adventures..... ??  Seriously, stay safe, is there maybe a cooler time of the year to be going out there?  I think it is awesome that you are still seeking adventure, at any age.  I know way too many people who sit on their ass and let life pass them by, live it and enjoy it! ? 

Let interpret this for you Pete, it's basically saying your old be careful you don't break a hip :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I have tried a seat cover like that suggested above, received it on the mail yesterday, tested today in about 30 or 32º.

IMG_8798.thumb.jpeg.c11a4a8fa2cda52e08fd278b2cdc693c.jpeg

IMG_8804.thumb.jpeg.fa4dfface36dc884f0bad9d7bbf8c8bb.jpeg

I can say it is an improvement over normal. You can indeed feel some ventilation but only going at over 120 or 130kmh, rest of the time I think it also helps but it's not as noticeable. Of course this depends on bike aerodynamics. I'll have to go on a trip with it off and instal after a while to see how much of a difference it makes.

It does make the seat firmer but also comfier, also less grabby than . For the cost it's an improvement in hot conditions for sure.

I am not sure from which seller I bought mine, but I think it took well over month to arrive from China.

I've had one on my bike for 3 years, like you say i cant really notice a draft in hot weather but can certainly feel it in cold weather so there is air passing around down there. I originally fitted it to cover up the poor gel insert job i done on the spare seat but really like the look of it so would leave it on anyway