We'll never see times like that again!

XTreme

I'm talking about the days of the long distant past.......where people had personalities, we actually had freedom and nobody really gave a fuck!

I always remember the time a bus load of us from Swansea went to Newbury horse race meeting about 40 years ago.

A one legged guy (lost it on a GS750) jumped up on a table where Yuppies were sitting, unscrewed his false leg, and balancing on his one leg he pulled out his dick and pissed in their strawberries!

And the sad reality is that we'll never see times like that again! 

So let's hear your moment in time which will never be repeated!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Clive said:

Can't compete with that.........I must have lived a sheltered life?

It could be argued that your motorcycle choices of recent years could be right up there Clive! :classic_laugh:

24 minutes ago, Clive said:

Nowt wrong with the Chinky I had?.....have another if I had the spare funds!

Trouble is they no longer import the model I had?

I've given you a nice Yam avatar Clive! 

I know you old people have trouble with technology! :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Not got a picture on my tablet to post as a avatar..?

You need to use a desktop.......tablets are OK for laying in bed or sitting in the garden or something.......but pretty limited for anything else.

I'm pretty glad that the future doesn't hold a guy jumping on my dinner table and pissing on my strawberries. :littleguy:

Me and two dudes once drove from Germany to Portugal mostly at well over 200kmh, did 2100km in 14 hours. Might not sound very impressive but we stopped for a few times and had a couple of big stops for meals. I don't think that will ever happen again except if I'm running from the cops and don't actually care about my license anymore.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I'm pretty glad that the future doesn't hold a guy jumping on my dinner table and pissing on my strawberries. :littleguy:

You haven't met up with me again yet Pedro! 

Though I seem to recall back in 2006 I managed to spit an olive across the dinner table and it landed in your food! :classic_laugh:

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You haven't met up with me again yet Pedro! 

Though I seem to recall back in 2006 I managed to spit an olive across the dinner table and it landed in your food! :classic_laugh:

Well, I hope you're not counting on my visit to recreate that momentous occasion from your past.

I don't remember the olive, but doesn't surprise me either.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't remember the olive, but doesn't surprise me either.

You must have ate it without noticing then Pedro! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

And I've put your avatar on as well @yen_powell

God knows how many years and how many forums I've had to do that for you! 

Thank you. It's even dated, I drew that in 2005 apparently, 'Braintree to Mile End', my commute at the time, long time since I have worked at Mile End.

6 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Thank you. It's even dated, I drew that in 2005 apparently, 'Braintree to Mile End', my commute at the time, long time since I have worked at Mile End.

It's pretty rough.......so I tried another one!

I can't compete with 'pissing in someone's strawberries' but I have got a few 'leg tales'.

At a Bristol NABD Rally we were having a few beers and decided to start the rally games, so they did 'dizzy sticks' and then some dude said it was time to play 'tossing the welly'.  Unbeknown to them I had sustituted the welly with an old false leg, they all looked a bit apprehensive so I started and chucked it first , the distance was measured and then other dudes started having a go. 

After a while it started to become a bit competitive and some guys started eggin on a real huge guy to have a go,  he walked over and launched the thing about twice as far as anyone else but as it landed it broke in two.  I saw my chance for a laugh and slipped off my leg,  started hopping around and hollering about how the hell was I going to ride my bike home now.  A girl nearby took a close look at me and fainted on the spot ? ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

In Canada, we'll never get to see small children (or drunk adults) running around, throwing lawn darts into the air and then dodging them as they fall to earth, pointy end first.....good times gone by..... ??

image.png.be2dcc8c138e047d0582da9a228bdbac.png

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

You git. Well you have the one of me laying in the mid to put on now.

Makes you look somewhat important I thought Yen!

There's no figuring @yen_powell out is there?

I put in a nice avatar with him on a bike by a Swimming Pool......and that's no good.

Instead, he wants a pic of him lying in shit with his bike on top of him!

jimmy fallon what GIF

when i was first over here and bought a Yam xj900 i organised, twice, a run to the uk for a bike rally. once to the Suffolk Coasters Coypu rally and once to the Icini mcc 's "arse in the grass" rally. both obviously on the east coast. In those days you could still ride at silly speeds on the French autoroutes and get away with it.  the first trip I organised, i gave the instructions that we'd ride the 30 k to Chalon sur saone, pick up the A6 nothbound and ride together at around 140km/h.  Well we rode together as far as Chalon but once on the autoroute they all "poured the sauce" as no one says, ever... and despite keeping up a steady 170km/h I didn't see the front of the group again untill we got on the ferry at calais...   

that would have been in '95 or '96 I guess

Won't happen again, those speeds today will see you in prison, no licence and no bike. 

• Like 3

the XJ 900 was a superbe machine Lone, I could ride it all day in comfort and did a fair bit of 2 up touring with Mme Moon too ( alsace, Italy, switzerland, UK etc) I had the 650 first and then got my hands on the 900. in 5  years from '96 to 2001 i wound it up from 22000km when I bought it to 96000km when I sold it..never have I done so many km's anually as in that period and it never, never let me down, not once. ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

the XJ 900 was a superbe machine Lone, I could ride it all day in comfort and did a fair bit of 2 up touring with Mme Moon too ( alsace, Italy, switzerland, UK etc) I had the 650 first and then got my hands on the 900. in 5  years from '96 to 2001 i wound it up from 22000km when I bought it to 96000km when I sold it..never have I done so many km's anually as in that period and it never, never let me down, not once. ?

What did you replace it with?