Progress!

Tym

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

Top Man! Class! :classic_cool:

Even adjusted the new Doohickey for the first time since i installed it, the night Trump got elected matter of fact....4 years have gone by so fast...oh no.....im getting, real old :classic_unsure:

13 minutes ago, Tym said:

Even adjusted the new Doohickey for the first time since i installed it, the night Trump got elected matter of fact....4 years have gone by so fast...oh no.....im getting, real old :classic_unsure:

Any ETA on the next Doohickey meltdown Tym? :classic_laugh:

On 24/06/2020 at 12:22, Tym said:

My current mileage indicates i my advert doom until the nex pandemic..:classic_unsure:

That's a bridge too far I'd say Tym! 

Guaranteed to last a lunchtime would be a better bet! 

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

• 2 weeks later...

Update, feet foreward: GTR has fresh oil and filtre, plus, im leaving the belly pan off the body work, hopefully the engine runs cooler like the KLR does without the skidplate,

plus, the KLR has a new speedOcable and a better fitting fuel filtre...

Feet backward: The bootleg $20 cooling fan switch failed. So i had to order the OEM $100 cooling fan switch. :thud:

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Update, feet foreward: GTR has fresh oil and filtre, plus, im leaving the belly pan off the body work, hopefully the engine runs cooler like the KLR does without the skidplate,

plus, the KLR has a new speedOcable and a better fitting fuel filtre...

Feet backward: The bootleg $20 cooling fan switch failed. So i had to order the OEM $100 cooling fan switch. :thud:

frustrated stephen merchant GIF

Wow, i have allot of work to do, this is what 32 years looks like and I swear i never hit a curb.... :classic_unsure:

Thats allot of heat the body work holds in, all 4 downpipes and a cross over....

ugly.jpg.1562dd64da50e0773f0242cde8c78adc.jpg

• Like 4

Test ride today, freaking humid hot, the type of weather i never rode this bike because you cooked in her cockpit.

Butt,  taking the pan off lets the bike dump all the heat out the bottom now. :dancebanana:

All i need to do is make a skid plate for the radiators overflow tank.

Plus Ron Ayres has shipped more parts!

Team green will survive!

:classic_ninja:

• Like 1

The GTR is due for her 33erd aniversary product review at the end of the year... should be kinda interesting...maybe....:classic_unsure:

• Like 2

l had  from another project  just the right size and thickness  stainless steel plate...ground the edges,stuck it on, perfect... :littleguy:

DSCN0591.thumb.jpeg.b6192b7ffa75b865e5fbe2ceedb564b6.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tym said:

This is nice, all hydraulic fluid has been flushed on both bikes now. Im on a roll. :littleguy:

Pic from last night.

DSCN0597.thumb.jpeg.35b5db6283e2b3ef00cb1d092ac3a7a3.jpeg

Top Man! Class!

• Like 1

You've got a picture of the belly pan, @Tym? If there's a flat surface at the bottom you could maybe cut it and fit a nacho duct to pull air into the pipes, probably not the same cooling effect but it would like you didn't take the panel off.

Here is a pic with the pan on @Pedro,

DSCN0558.jpeg.a0fc04cbbc1803df640ce36c03c6adac.jpeg

the bike doesnt overheat, the radiator could cool an American v/8,

its just this bike is famous for dumping all the heat on the rider..

without the pan all the heat goes out the bottom now!

Im very happy with the results :littleguy:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What's that building Tym ?

What remains of an old local New England style farm, the crop land was turned into a place of many McMansions, the road im parked on leads to them....probably one of the best examples of that style of barn in New England today imho.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

What remains of an old local New England style farm, the crop land was turned into a place of many McMansions, the road im parked on leads to them....probably one of the best examples of that style of barn in New England today imho.

It's as cool as you like :classic_cool:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tym said:

You expect to see Amish coming out of it!

• Like 1