Capt. Hook's prosthetic repair

YamaHead

Well, the harness that operates my hook finally broke....been living with no opposing member for 2 weeks....like not having a thumb. Since I moved, the insurance I had basically dropped off....so I was expecting a big bill for this service. I fortunately found a clinic under the same Hanger name where I originally got the arm built. It was 108 miles away, which was alot closer than the original location in Portland which is 280 miles from me. It turned out really well as I got the harness repaired w/ a new HD cable as well. Really glad I returned to the company that built it....didn't have to fill out any paperwork & was able to order 2 new harness' & 8 new arm socks for just over 100 bux. 3+ yrs. ago was the last time I had any dealings with them....drove 280 miles to only get short-changed with a crap cable that broke in 3 days time.😑 So since then, I've been buying pre-cut shift cables from a bike shop only 20 miles away, to keep it operable. Thank God that my Medicare covered 80% of the cost, because anything prosthetic is just stoopid expensive! Now I'm able to finish the projects in my garage & keep riding the 'Goose more often.πŸ‘

The real icing on the cake was when the missus & I got home, we finally got a message from my oldest boy who's been working in Israel as a PMC (pc term for Mercenary)🀨...he said it's pretty hectic there right now, but he's working on coming home stateside after Christmas...which left me pretty stoked as I haven't seen him in over 3 & a half years. I couldn't be more proud of him....miss him terribly, but he did also attach this holiday greeting....β™₯️😁MyBoyChaz.thumb.jpg.08f7e794156b726e8e5519168ddc2371.jpg

• Like 9

Glad it turned out OK in the end Scott.

Do you still go on Alex's forum? I just looked on there now as I hadn't visited it for years, and it's full of adverts everywhere.

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

Star Trek Borg GIF

There are definitely times when I feel like a Borg....I think it freaks some folks out, but I love how some kids react to it. I met a little girl once that thought my cable was attached Internally.😁 Then there's some lads that think it's the koolest thing since sliced bread...πŸ˜…

• Like 4
  • Haha 4