I ran away

MooN

the twins had friends round, they actally slept over but as they didn't arrive till after the ice rink closed at midnight I was snoring loudly when they got here. We have a tiny house and I'm A-social at best so I was up and breakfasted before they emerged from their lair, just took the time to say Bonjour and the ran away fro the day with a packet of sandwiches and a flask of coffe, abandoning Mrs MooN to her fate...

I left at 11 and, knowing the horrers were due to leave at 4.30, arrived back at 4, just in tame to say Au revoir...

in the meantime 

Screenshot(57).png.8fb1954f11e325dbabd0879538c7b777.png

285km, blissfully solo. weather was 15 down to 10degc mostly sunny with about 5 minutes of rain around Moulins Engilbert.  I stopped and ate my sarnies at the church in Glux en Glenne and made use of the relatively well maintained public lav that I knew to be there. 

Big bonus of the day was the backroad through from Chateau Chinon to Glux via le haut Folin which had just been resurfaced like they were expecting the tour de France at any minute. Only photos I took were along there

IMG_4180.thumb.JPG.2d58791cd08403f80f409a20829d9e46.JPG

IMG_4087-1.thumb.JPG.1220619f2fdaf0207d059e10d699d026.JPG

IMG_4187.thumb.JPG.4b2817782f43d33fe65ec0ac0fcd5e9b.JPG

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

the twins had friends round, they actally slept over but as they didn't arrive till after the ice rink closed at midnight I was snoring loudly when they got here. We have a tiny house and I'm A-social at best so I was up and breakfasted before they emerged from their lair, just took the time to say Bonjour and the ran away fro the day with a packet of sandwiches and a flask of coffe, abandoning Mrs MooN to her fate...

I left at 11 and, knowing the horrers were due to leave at 4.30, arrived back at 4, just in tame to say Au revoir...

in the meantime 

Screenshot(57).png.8fb1954f11e325dbabd0879538c7b777.png

285km, blissfully solo. weather was 15 down to 10degc mostly sunny with about 5 minutes of rain around Moulins Engilbert.  I stopped and ate my sarnies at the church in Glux en Glenne and made use of the relatively well maintained public lav that I knew to be there. 

Big bonus of the day was the backroad through from Chateau Chinon to Glux via le haut Folin which had just been resurfaced like they were expecting the tour de France at any minute. Only photos I took were along there

IMG_4180.thumb.JPG.2d58791cd08403f80f409a20829d9e46.JPG

IMG_4087-1.thumb.JPG.1220619f2fdaf0207d059e10d699d026.JPG

IMG_4187.thumb.JPG.4b2817782f43d33fe65ec0ac0fcd5e9b.JPG

Nice one Chris!

Looks like that road could get a bit iffy if it gets covered by wet leaves.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Chris!

Looks like that road could get a bit iffy if it gets covered by wet leaves.

"iffy"? ... that's part of the art to riding these roads, definately already Iffy in places.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Never feel like taking a motorcycle to France except when I see your reports. Lovely looking road through the trees.

That destroyed village from WWII is definitely worth a visit Pedro!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Never feel like taking a motorcycle to France except when I see your reports. Lovely looking road through the trees.

I find that quite strange, there are some amazing roads in France.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That destroyed village from WWII is definitely worth a visit Pedro!

Ouradour sur Glane. 

I did a ride report from there a few years back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I find that quite strange, there are some amazing roads in France.

Not disputing that, I've been in a car a few times a little all over the place. Might do next year, though 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MooN said:

I'll put some beers in the fridge...

Put some wine in there too.

I really should take the GS to the Eifel in Germany. See a few friends, do a few laps of the track just cruising around, I’ll try to do it next year. If it happens I do plan to stay for two or three night near you so we can do a ride around those roads you keep posting about, plus a proper dinner or two. 

It’ll be planned, so @boboneleg, I’ll keep you up to date if it happens.

• Like 3

On 24/10/2023 at 22:02, XTreme said:

You didn't say that to me when I was passing!

OOOH you liar!

well I maybe said i'd put the kettle on cos I know you old folk can't manage more than an hour without a cup of tea, but I wouldn't insult Pedro wit the offer of tea

• Haha 3

On 24/10/2023 at 22:29, Pedro said:

Put some wine in there too.

I really should take the GS to the Eifel in Germany. See a few friends, do a few laps of the track just cruising around, I’ll try to do it next year. If it happens I do plan to stay for two or three night near you so we can do a ride around those roads you keep posting about, plus a proper dinner or two. 

It’ll be planned, so @boboneleg, I’ll keep you up to date if it happens.

cool.

Mrs Moon works in Chablis so soe half decent wine should'nt be too difficult.  If you prefer Red, Chity, St Bris or Coulanges are all within 10 km's so that's ok too 👍

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MooN said:

OOOH you liar!

well I maybe said i'd put the kettle on cos I know you old folk can't manage more than an hour without a cup of tea, but I wouldn't insult Pedro wit the offer of tea

You left the bloody town!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

8 hours ago, MooN said:

Excited You Know Me GIF by CBS

• Haha 1