It’s growing on me

Pedro

57 minutes ago, Six30 said:

your tempted, 

do it jewish GIF

Haven't even seen one in person. Then it'll be at least by mid next year they'll release the big tank version.

I'll go for a test ride when they're out, but all I know about BMWs tells me to not buy a new model bike in the first couple of years.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

visited a dealership today, to buy some waterproofing spray as I might go on a ride in the next few days. Took the chance to go look at the new GS.

Good thing is that it looks a lot less ugly in real life than on youtube.

71824391-AE71-411E-8B87-9567C44B0B1B.thumb.jpeg.1a6ee50e3211f069f0e5faefc0546b00.jpeg

2DD4D311-AE50-4182-9F55-52657BE5AD34.thumb.jpeg.e79fdd3b797f458e32947b381ed4fe48.jpeg

It feels smaller than mine as well, which it is so it’s not really surprising. Had a sit on one that I could start for it to go back up to riding height, and it does feel lighter. 

The paint they use now on the engine and swingarm is not smooth anymore, a little like bedliner or wrinkle paint, not really a fan but it looks hardy. It is a complicated bike though, very complicated.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

visited a dealership today, to buy some waterproofing spray as I might go on a ride in the next few days. Took the chance to go look at the new GS.

Good thing is that it looks a lot less ugly in real life than on youtube.

71824391-AE71-411E-8B87-9567C44B0B1B.thumb.jpeg.1a6ee50e3211f069f0e5faefc0546b00.jpeg

2DD4D311-AE50-4182-9F55-52657BE5AD34.thumb.jpeg.e79fdd3b797f458e32947b381ed4fe48.jpeg

It feels smaller than mine as well, which it is so it’s not really surprising. Had a sit on one that I could start for it to go back up to riding height, and it does feel lighter. 

The paint they use now on the engine and swingarm is not smooth anymore, a little like bedliner or wrinkle paint, not really a fan but it looks hardy. It is a complicated bike though, very complicated.

I like that....what's the price? 

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I like that....what's the price? 

Similar to the previous 1250. Starts at 20 or 21k and then on bikes found at dealerships there's always a minimum of 5 or 6k of extras added on, many of those I would prefer to not have. That's what I don't like about this bike on concept, it comes stock with things I would prefer not to have to deal with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

The paint they use now on the engine and swingarm is not smooth anymore, a little like bedliner or wrinkle paint, not really a fan but it looks hardy. 

Harder to keep clean?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Harder to keep clean?

I would say the new one never looks clean,  even the ones in the show room. Thus, the new ones will never look like they're unclean either.

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

like the blue one colours  suit it.

Agreed, the rear subframe being white suits it. The others don't look nice at all compared to that, but knowing BMW they'll release the Adventure in one year and that will look even better, and then two months later they'll release a new color scheme that will make all previous ones look like shit. 

sam rockwell the way way back movie GIF

• Like 2