Cheddar Gorge, UK - Motorcycle trip

@XTreme Thanks buddy!

This was actually my friends drone - I was too scared to fly mine with the amount of people about and the lack of GPS signal in the Gorge haha, but his is a DJI Mavic, I think the most basic one though. In my previous videos where it's been my drone flying  it's an MJX bugs 18 Pro.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

@XTreme Thanks buddy!

This was actually my friends drone - I was too scared to fly mine with the amount of people about and the lack of GPS signal in the Gorge haha, but his is a DJI Mavic, I think the most basic one though. In my previous videos where it's been my drone flying  it's an MJX bugs 18 Pro.

Excellent!

Well that's made me homesick 😂

Nice vid. I wouldn't have flown a drone there either! 

Early morning or later (about 6pm) is the time to get to Cheddar if you want to avoid the crowds. 

Nice to see you don't ride like nobs where it's busy!

The views from the top are fantastic. 

Loved your little map thing in the left corner showing the route progress 👍

• Like 4

@Slowlycatchymonkey Apologies for making you homesick! >_<

Thanks for watching, I think we JUST managed to beat the main bulk of people by the time we arrived, we managed to get into a cafe and get seated right away and grab food although whilst we were eating it got veeeeeery busy!

I did question the others about heading top side to get some better views, but none of us really knew how to get up there sadly. 

First time using the route map, quite liked how it turned out, will try remember to use it more! 😄

Cheers!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Limey Rider said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey Apologies for making you homesick! >_<

Thanks for watching, I think we JUST managed to beat the main bulk of people by the time we arrived, we managed to get into a cafe and get seated right away and grab food although whilst we were eating it got veeeeeery busy!

I did question the others about heading top side to get some better views, but none of us really knew how to get up there sadly. 

First time using the route map, quite liked how it turned out, will try remember to use it more! 😄

Cheers!

Sounds like you were there in the nick of time!

Mostly for the good views you need a pair of trainers and your walking legs 😂

If you like Cheddar Gorge you'll love Scotlands north west coast round Glencoe. It's stunning. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Limey Rider said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey I did mention (I think it was called) Jacobs Ladder, but that idea got shot down quite quickly haha.

I keep meaning to get up to Scotland! It looks beautiful up there! Also Wales to be fair - a few places there I'd like to go!

Yes there's a Jacobs ladder. Probably not one to do in bike gear on a warm day, 274 vertiginous steps 🥵 😆

All good choices. I found the North West coast of Scotland, Loch Lomond, Ben Nevis and Glencoe another level of beautiful.

I love Wales too but I it's familiar to me so it doesn't have the same impact as something new!

If Cheddars packed Helmet City in Cheddar (tiny little shop) have picnic benches outside and often hand out free tea n coffee. Its next door to Cheddar Ales who make some great beers -if you've got the space to carry them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yes there's a Jacobs ladder. Probably not one to do in bike gear on a warm day, 274 vertiginous steps 🥵 😆

All good choices. I found the North West coast of Scotland, Loch Lomond, Ben Nevis and Glencoe another level of beautiful.

I love Wales too but I it's familiar to me so it doesn't have the same impact as something new!

If Cheddars packed Helmet City in Cheddar (tiny little shop) have picnic benches outside and often hand out free tea n coffee. Its next door to Cheddar Ales who make some great beers -if you've got the space to carry them.

When I inevitably visit again I shall go check out Helmet City! Thanks for the tip 🙂 

I'm lucky in the respect that I haven't been to many places on my bike thus far, so everything is new and exciting when I get round to them 😄 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

When I inevitably visit again I shall go check out Helmet City! Thanks for the tip 🙂 

I'm lucky in the respect that I haven't been to many places on my bike thus far, so everything is new and exciting when I get round to them 😄 

What a lovely position to be in. 

How long have you been riding?

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What a lovely position to be in. 

How long have you been riding?

I did my CBT last August, and then my DAS the following October, so not overly long to be honest! Wish I had done it sooner, had some incredible times and met some really great people since!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

I did my CBT last August, and then my DAS the following October, so not overly long to be honest! Wish I had done it sooner, had some incredible times and met some really great people since!

Glad you’re enjoying it.
You have plenty of biking years left and tbh you’re probably safer doing now that in your 20’s when everyone still thinks they’re invincible 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad you’re enjoying it.
You have plenty of biking years left and tbh you’re probably safer doing now that in your 20’s when everyone still thinks they’re invincible 😂

Very true! Also why I jumped on a 650 first rather than diving right into a 1000, very aware of my mortality these days! haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

Very true! Also why I jumped on a 650 first rather than diving right into a 1000, very aware of my mortality these days! haha

Most wise. I wasn’t I went from a 125 to a 1200 knowing I was old enough and sensible enough to control myself.. I’m still alive but not necessarily deservedly so 😂

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, The Limey Rider said:

Also why I jumped on a 650 first rather than diving right into a 1000

Good choice of bike.......that V Twin motor is one of the best engines ever made!

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Most wise. I wasn’t I went from a 125 to a 1200 knowing I was old enough and sensible enough to control myself.. I’m still alive but not necessarily deservedly so 😂

Have some friends who did similar, although I do believe they are better riders for it!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Good choice of bike.......that V Twin motor is one of the best engines ever made!

I'm still pretty new at knowing anything about bikes really, but it does seem pretty solid! I'm loving it so far!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

I'm still pretty new at knowing anything about bikes really, but it does seem pretty solid! I'm loving it so far!

My experience of that motor is only in Stroms and I found it brilliant.

Suzuki's build quality has never been the best, so the bike could well disintegrate around that motor......but it'll still keep on running.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

My experience of that motor is only in Stroms and I found it brilliant.

Suzuki's build quality has never been the best, so the bike could well disintegrate around that motor......but it'll still keep on running.

Hopefully stays in one piece until I'm ready to move on to something bigger! 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Limey Rider said:

Hopefully stays in one piece until I'm ready to move on to something bigger! 😂

You will be fine, good machines that hold their value well.   🤣

• Like 1

Me, Mandi and my younger son Andrew went to visit Sam at Bath spar uni a few years back. We all rode to the Gorge and because the weather was cool and overcast the place was almost deserted.
Def the best time we've had there.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Me, Mandi and my younger son Andrew went to visit Sam at Bath spar uni a few years back. We all rode to the Gorge and because the weather was cool and overcast the place was almost deserted.
Def the best time we've had there.

Oh really? I didn't imagine they'd ever be a time it would be quiet. Maybe I'll go back during the colder months then, would definitely enjoy it more with less people everywhere.

• Like 2