Just curious..

I have no idea how much cigarettes cost but there is huge tax in UK.  All you smokers just keep on keeping on because you're helping pay for my pension :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Marcel said:

What do you all pay for a pack of cigarettes...here it's 30 buck tax in for a carton...8 packs.

20230520_181150.jpg

Currently a pack of Winnie Blue 30s cost about $50, which will increase to $57.50 under the new tax, I stopped when they got to $10, used the money to buy this.

20200819_113308.jpg

• Like 3

Regular price is around 30 per pack...these are totally illegal their from the native reserve ...natives sell them without tax has they get them without paying tax...

I'm not a heavy smoker...a pack will last me a week...one with the morning  coffee and one or two after work...but I would definitely not pay 30 bucks for a pack if I couldn't get them at discount price..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Regular price is around 30 per pack...these are totally illegal their from the native reserve ...natives sell them without tax has they get them without paying tax...

I'm not a heavy smoker...a pack will last me a week...one with the morning  coffee and one or two after work...but I would definitely not pay 30 bucks for a pack if I couldn't get them at discount price..

How do the natives get them without paying tax ?  are they they genuine or knock offs ?

I remember when my friends in university declared in an outrage that they'd quit smoking if ever a pack were to reach 2,5€. Now they go for around 5€ depending of brand and I don't think anyone quit on account of that. It's surely a nice earner for the state but then again it's also the state that cares for cancer patients.

I was never a smoker except when really drunk or a period when I enjoyed Cohiba cigarillos, also mainly when drinking :classic_laugh:. There's something about smoking that sometimes suits the moment, gives you something to do when on a rest from the bike admiring a scenery I guess.

• Like 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

How do the natives get them without paying tax ?  are they they genuine or knock offs ?

Natives in Canada don't pay taxs....and agreement with the Canadian gooberment ...these are name brand Canadian cigarettes...they do sell native tobacco cigarettes...those are nasty has hell...taste like American cigarettes...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

The natives are not supposed to sell them to non natives..but they do anyway...and the local police don't really bother inforcing the law...

Sounds fine to me , are they allowed to sell them to peeps with Viking heritage ..............

Thor Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sounds fine to me , are they allowed to sell them to peeps with Viking heritage ..............

Thor Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

No but they do anyway....it's kinda kwite the settup they have....that settlement is next to a major road and their must be  like 30 stores selling cigarettes in a 3 km strip...lol....and they have there own police force...the Rcmp have no jurisdiction on their land...

• Like 3