Give your dealer some love.

Buckster

No I’m not talking about turning tricks for crack cocaine!

Yesterday I popped into Edinburgh Harley for some service parts, namely rocker breathers, gaskets and brake reservoir gasket.

The rocker breathers have been replaced with a better design after 2010, as they wear you get a bit of oil showing up in the air filter, mine is starting to get more than I like so a clear indicator that the filter medium in them is worn out, as the part has been upgraded it is not possible to get the older filters and it’s best just to swap for the newer type anyway, total cost for these is about £50 plus gaskets. Works out about £20 for new filters in the future.

Anyway, the only thing they had in stock was the rocker cover gaskets, but the parts guy was convinced he had seen some of the rocker breather assemblies somewhere so I went upstairs for (free) coffee while he went on the hunt. When I got back to the parts desk he had found a set, apparently at some point they were getting gasket kits in and these were in with them as they were an upgraded part, very often not required so were put away rather than getting thrown away. But the best bit is that because they were not in the stock system, he just gave them to me for free. So my expected bill for £75 became £25.

It’s not the first time they have given me stuff without charging either, in the past just wee bits and pieces but this time it was above and beyond. So a little shout out to Edinburgh Harley Davidson and Rob Moore in the parts department.

• Like 6

Cool, that doesn't happen very often nowadays but I have sent parts out foc to customers (with their other parts order) that require hard to obtain parts for Ducati's .  We would rather bikes keep going than trying to make an extra couple of quid .

Thank you so much for helping me with parts and the inspection plate you included will certainly buy from you again. Great ebayer

Ducati 851 888 SS front left indicator (#165901624564)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buckster said:

No I’m not talking about turning tricks for crack cocaine!

Yesterday I popped into Edinburgh Harley for some service parts, namely rocker breathers, gaskets and brake reservoir gasket.

The rocker breathers have been replaced with a better design after 2010, as they wear you get a bit of oil showing up in the air filter, mine is starting to get more than I like so a clear indicator that the filter medium in them is worn out, as the part has been upgraded it is not possible to get the older filters and it’s best just to swap for the newer type anyway, Royal cost for these is about £50 plus gaskets. Works out about £20 for new filters in the future.

Anyway, the only thing they had in stock was the rocker cover gaskets, but the parts guy was convinced he had seen some of the Rocker breather assemblies somewhere so I went upstairs for (free) coffee while he went on the hunt. When I got back to the parts desk he had found a set, apparently at some point there were getting gasket kits in and these were in with them as they were an upgraded part, very often not required so were put away rather than getting thrown away. But the best bit is that because they were not in the stock system, he just gave them to me for free. So my expected bill for £75 became £25.

It’s not the first time they have given me stuff without charging either, in the past just wee bits and pieces but this time it was above and beyond. So a little shout out to Edinburgh Harley Davidson and Rob Moore in the parts department.

Fucking shed!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Can you point out the rocker cover on your bike?

He's gone to get his wife/ Tony the Tools or even Dylan the donkey to help him out ..............

• Haha 2