General motors has gone

Marcel le Moose Fondler

To the shiters.... Had to replace a defective pcv valve from a 2013 Chevy trax... Pcv valve is built in the valve cover.. So the valve cover has to be replaced... Its not serviceable... Ordered the part directly from the chevy dealer and look what was on it.. What the hell? 

IMG_20221102_094818.jpg

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Marcel said:

To the shiters.... Had to replace a defective pcv valve from a 2013 Chevy trax... Pcv valve is built in the valve cover.. So the valve cover has to be replaced... Its not serviceable... Ordered the part directly from the chevy dealer and look what was on it.. What the hell? 

IMG_20221102_094818.jpg

I rather that than the Chinese crap everyone else seems to be using.

8 hours ago, Marcel said:

IMG_20221102_094818.jpg

Scared Classic Film GIF by Shudder

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I rather that than the Chinese crap everyone else seems to be using.

Yes I agree...the aftermarket parts suppliers are flooded with everything made in China and it's been going on for years...

Its was actually a good qwality part and cheap... 109 Ca  retail. 

• Like 3

It took a little while to zero in on the problem.. It was throwing on false codes.. Fuel air mixture.. Mass air flow...it's a 1.5 l with a turbo.. Though maybe I had a falling turbo for a few... But after pulling the running data...their was to much air entering at idle..... It use to be so simple before.. Just remove the pcv valve and plug the hole with your finger... Not the case anymore... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It took a little while to zero in on the problem.. It was throwing on false codes.. Fuel air mixture.. Mass air flow...it's a 1.5 l with a turbo.. Though maybe I had a falling turbo for a few... But after pulling the running data...their was to much air entering at idle..... It use to be so simple before.. Just remove the pcv valve and plug the hole with your finger... Not the case anymore... 

Steve Coogan This Time GIF by Baby Cow

• Haha 1