I now know why Xtreme has a GS (Spanish Roads)

Rob M

Was having a trawl through some footage from my trip to the Pyrenees in 2016 and found this. Not all Spanish roads are racetrack smooth, this one looked like they'd started the work and then fucked off mid-job to go for a siesta...and never returned. Was near Jaca.

To be fair, I loved the Pyrenees and the N260. Wanna go back there.

• Like 7

Those rough bits aren't that bad in comparison to some of them here Rob.

What can catch people out is the road changing from billiard table smooth to a lunar landscape in an instant.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Those rough bits aren't that bad in comparison to some of them here Rob.

What can catch people out is the road changing from billiard table smooth to a lunar landscape in an instant.

Keeps us on our toes I guess!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rob M said:

Braver man than me! 

You get used to it......but as you say, you need something like a big trailie for where I live.

There are twats out on cruisers but they never venture off the main roads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've come across unfinished roadworks like that in Spain, not much fun on your sportsbike but a good laugh for us on trail bikes.  We were all on small/mid sized trail bikes and were passed by some Germans on smooth tarmac .  They were quite rude in their riding and just sort of barged past us , cutting in at the last moment and stuff but we had the last laugh as we caught them up crawling along in the roadworks and belted past them , roosting them with gravel and dust :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Rob M said:

Was having a trawl through some footage from my trip to the Pyrenees in 2016 and found this. Not all Spanish roads are racetrack smooth, this one looked like they'd started the work and then fucked off mid-job to go for a siesta...and never returned. Was near Jaca.

To be fair, I loved the Pyrenees and the N260. Wanna go back there.

I can see the pyrenees from my village,  Rob. I'm planning on heading across to explore. 😎

• Like 5

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I've come across unfinished roadworks like that in Spain, not much fun on your sportsbike but a good laugh for us on trail bikes.  We were all on small/mid sized trail bikes and were passed by some Germans on smooth tarmac .  They were quite rude in their riding and just sort of barged past us , cutting in at the last moment and stuff but we had the last laugh as we caught them up crawling along in the roadworks and belted past them , roosting them with gravel and dust :classic_laugh:

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

• Like 2