The Boxing Thread!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I knew AJ would deal with him......but the ease in which he did it really surprised me.

Puts it in context just how bad Fury's performance really was.

Yeh you got both fights right … was hoping AJ was going to call fury out .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

You called that right, you the sites Buncey now? 🤣

It's very rare I ever call them wrong!

The first AJ-Ruiz fight was one that caught me out!

• Haha 1

Not wanting to sound like an old fanny but someone's gonna get really hurt in one of these exhibition fights if they continue to put non boxers in with the top of the tree heavy weights.  I know Ngannou is a fighter but his defense against AJ looked woeful.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's very rare I ever call them wrong!

The first AJ-Ruiz fight was one that caught me out!

I don't think anyone called that one.  😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Not wanting to sound like an old fanny but someone's gonna get really hurt in one of these exhibition fights if they continue to put non boxers in with the top of the tree heavy weights.  I know Ngannou is a fighter but his defense against AJ looked woeful.  

I was surprised , thought it would of been more of a fight ... its made Fury look a twat for sure .

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Yeh you got both fights right … was hoping AJ was going to call fury out .

Fury wanted that so he could get the  attention......so AJ wouldn't give it to him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saul said:

Jake Paul is a delusional prick.   Fails to mention that Tyson is nearly 58, I so hope Mike sparks him out.    

I don't really care for fighting but I'll watch that if it's available somewhere. 

Be it boxing or motorcycling or football or whatever, there's something great when a true world champion remembers people why he was world champion to begin with. If Mike Tyson brings his previous fighter mind back he'll bulldoze the dude.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

I don't really care for fighting but I'll watch that if it's available somewhere. 

Be it boxing or motorcycling or football or whatever, there's something great when a true world champion remembers people why he was world champion to begin with. If Mike Tyson brings his previous fighter mind back he'll bulldoze the dude.

I would love to watch Jake Paul vs Tyson with no restrictions but as has been the way with the all the Paul fights you always get the feeling the real accomplished fighters are holding back, I am sure its contractual in these so called exhibitions fights.  They are shows not real competitive fights.  It is often said the last thing you lose as a boxer is your punch, I am sure Mike Tyson could put  together 2 or 3 devastating combinations in the first couple of rounds to spark out Jake Paul.  But that will not be in the script for the exhibition.  I think the whole thing is a farce and not sporting at all.  As for Jake Paul being a real recognised World Champion he is delusional, I safely predict it will never happen.   

Seriously go back and watch Tyson's fights earlier in his career he was a Phenomenal boxer.  Jake Paul has done nothing but pay to be in the ring with him.   I don't mind Mike making a few Mill but Jake Paul will not be facing a current World champion so whatever happens in the exhibition he cannot claim to be one.  

1 minute ago, Saul said:

I would love to watch him Jake Paul vs Tyson with no restrictions but as has been the way with the all the Paul fights you always get the feeling the real accomplished fighters are holding back, I am sure its contractual in these so called exhibitions fights.  They are shows not real competitive fights.  It is often said the last thing you lose as a boxer is your punch, I am sure Mike Tyson could put  together 2 or 3 devastating combinations in the first couple of rounds to spark out Jake Paul.  But that will not be in the script for the exhibition.  I think the whole thing is a farce and not sporting at all.  As for Jake Paul being a real recognised World Champion he is delusional, I safely predict it will never happen.   

Seriously go back and watch Tyson's fights earlier in his career he was a Phenomenal boxer.  Jake Paul has done nothing but pay to be in the ring with him.   I don't mind Mike making a few Mill but Jake Paul will not be facing a current World champion so whatever happens in the exhibition he cannot claim to be one.  

You think Tyson would hold back? I think it will be very much against his nature to go into training and getting psyched into a fight while ignoring and switching off his kill the opponent instinct.

Just now, Pedro said:

You think Tyson would hold back? I think it will be very much against his nature to go into training and getting psyched into a fight while ignoring and switching off his kill the opponent instinct.

I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I wouldn't mind betting he will be being paid multi millions for this exhibition dependant on the contract.   Why else would he be there?  He has achieved everything in boxing and has world wide respect.  Like I said I would love to see Mike unrestricted but I genuinely don't think that will be the case.  

53 minutes ago, Saul said:

Why else would he be there? 

He can be bored. And feeling like kicking ass, that's what I want to believe. I want the other twat to taunt him some more, bring out the rage :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He can be bored. And feeling like kicking ass, that's what I want to believe. I want the other twat to taunt him some more, bring out the rage :classic_laugh:

I do hope you are right I would love to see Mike spark him out.  But professional fighters are just that, very disciplined and very rarely lose their temper in the ring.  Don't confuse controlled aggression with being taunted into losing it.   I am sure Mike will use all the bollocks spoken as motivation.       I still think it will be a farce though but I will watch it just incase.  😉

51 minutes ago, Saul said:

But professional fighters are just that, very disciplined and very rarely lose their temper in the ring. 

Mike Tyson isn’t really like that, he’s gone into it a lot in interviews. He’s controlled technically but goes into the ring to murder the guy. At least that’s how it used to be.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Mike Tyson isn’t really like that, he’s gone into it a lot in interviews. He’s controlled technically but goes into the ring to murder the guy. At least that’s how it used to be.

Plus you can’t really count on controlled aggression from people with all that emotional pain and baggage. 

I’ll keep in touch with this thread and hoping for a naughty free link from @XTremeto watch it :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Plus you can’t really count on controlled aggression from people with all that emotional pain and baggage. 

I’ll keep in touch with this thread and hoping for a naughty free link from @XTremeto watch it :classic_laugh:

Yep, that is definitely the plan 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

didn't watch it , did he lose

He KO'd the guy in the 10th......but it was bad.

Came in at over 20 stone and was even slower.

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

He KO'd the guy in the 10th......but it was bad.

Came in at over 20 stone and was even slower.

other fella must of been shite.. never rated Joyce