The Boxing Thread!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme... Benn  or Eubank...

Benn......without question!

Always went in looking for a tear up and was willing to fight anybody.

Eubank hid behind his lightly regarded WBO belt fighting no hopers!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Benn......without question!

Always went in looking for a tear up and was willing to fight anybody.

Eubank hid behind his lightly regarded WBO belt fighting no hopers!

yup me to .... he was a warrior .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

yup me to .... he was a warrior .

If he'd lived the life instead of partying and hanging round with crooks while drinking, smoking, and doing drugs he'd have achieved a lot more.

See the final face off? Not much difference in weight now......AJ looking a lot smaller and less muscled for this one.

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If he'd lived the life instead of partying and hanging round with crooks while drinking, smoking, and doing drugs he'd have achieved a lot more.

See the final face off? Not much difference in weight now......AJ looking a lot smaller and less muscled for this one.

think if it goes more than 5 or 6  .... joshua could be in trouble, losing some muscle might help his stamina , well see.

Just now, Six30 said:

think if it goes more than 5 or 6  .... joshua could be in trouble, losing some muscle might help his stamina , well see.

Yeh it will......because he's got a habit of gassing. Question is how much power will he have lost?

If it gets to the second half AJ is really going to have problems dealing with Usyk.

I still say Usyk KO around the 9th or 10th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme... Benn  or Eubank...

I stayed a few times in an hotel in Brighton that was co-owned by Chris Eubank. It wasn't unusual to see him swagger into the reception and pose in there for a bit, before he swaggered back out to his Hummer that he'd double parked outside. 😂😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I stayed a few times in an hotel in Brighton that was co-owned by Chris Eubank. It wasn't unusual to see him swagger into the reception and pose in there for a bit, before he swaggered back out to his Hummer that he'd double parked outside. 😂😂 

I knew a guy who was a boxing trainer in London and he met Benn and Eubank a number of times during that era.

He said that Benn wasn't pleasant to be around at all........very edgy and likely to go off it at the slightest thing.

While Eubank was the perfect gentleman and always took time to talk to him and his wife.

• Like 2

When I was a youngster the grandad of the kids next door trained Henry Cooper when he was first starting out. Their grandad lived in a small block of flats down the road and Henry and his brother (who lived a couple of streets away) used to visit from time to time. From memory I think the granddad's name was George Page. Henry and his brother were apparently always respectful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tango said:

When I was a youngster the grandad of the kids next door trained Henry Cooper when he was first starting out. Their grandad lived in a small block of flats down the road and Henry and his brother (who lived a couple of streets away) used to visit from time to time. From memory I think the granddad's name was George Page. Henry and his brother were apparently always respectful.

Henry was a gentleman!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Did you see that Callum Smith KO @Six30?

Fuck.....the effect of that was like a Julian Jackson shot.....the guy's body went into spasms!

no been watching footy , just put boxing on.....

want see joshua win so the Tyson fight happens.... so im going to have to say joshua , im no way confident though.

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

no been watching footy , just put boxing on.....

want see joshua win so the Tyson fight happens.... so im going to have to say joshua , im no way confident though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good stoppage Okolie......untidy fight though!

yeh it was..

Hattons boy got a way to go yet .... didn't like the other fellas showboating , twat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Gifted that decision though!

what !!.... just had to google result.

i went out for a smoke  as soon as it finished didn't see them pronounce the winner ,  other fella won that easy,  how the fuck could they give that to Hatton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what !!.... just had to google result.

i went out for a smoke  as soon as it finished didn't see them pronounce the winner ,  other fella won that easy,  how the fuck could they give that to Hatton.

Connor Benn got gifted one in the past as well.....Matchroom calls the shots!

And I think that'll be in Usyk's mind going in!

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Connor Benn got gifted one in the past as well.....Matchroom calls the shots!

And I think that'll be in Usyk's mind going in!

he'll have to get the knockout to make sure that shit dont happen to him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

he'll have to get the knockout to make sure that shit dont happen to him.

We know AJ can be hurt.....we've seen it with Ruiz, Klitschko, and Whyte!

Whereas nobody's ever hurt Usyk.

• Like 1