Absentees......................

boboneleg

Not that I owe any of you lot any sort of explanation, but;

work went bonkers and we had endless technical problems ( but then there has been no maintenance done for 2 winters on the trot so not wholly unexpected but excacerbated by being forbidden from spending any money on parts)💩

Discovered that I have rhumatoid poly-arthritis and have spent most of my spare time driving or riding to and from Dijon for x-rays, echographies and numerous other medical exams of hands and feet.🏥

then I was given 2 weeks off at short notice and the computer crapped out completely, refusing to recognise it's own innards.

'putor went to the repair shop and I buggered off for 4 days with bike and tent, leaving everything technological at home.📴 ( 'cept the camera)

I got back yesterday, picked up the repaired 'putor this morning and here I am again. 

If you're very good, i will regale you with tales of motorcycling exploits and derring do over the next couple of days. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MooN said:

work went bonkers and we had endless technical problems ( but then there has been no maintenance done for 2 winters on the trot so not wholly unexpected but excacerbated by being forbidden from spending any money on parts)💩

Discovered that I have rhumatoid poly-arthritis and have spent most of my spare time driving or riding to and from Dijon for x-rays, echographies and numerous other medical exams of hands and feet.🏥

then I was given 2 weeks off at short notice and the computer crapped out completely, refusing to recognise it's own innards.

'putor went to the repair shop and I buggered off for 4 days with bike and tent, leaving everything technological at home.📴 ( 'cept the camera)

I got back yesterday, picked up the repaired 'putor this morning and here I am again. 

If you're very good, i will regale you with tales of motorcycling exploits and derring do over the next couple of days. 

Good to see you Chris! 

Is the arthritis going to cause problems with work......because what you do is pretty physical?

• Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 00:21, XTreme said:

Good to see you Chris! 

Is the arthritis going to cause problems with work......because what you do is pretty physical?

longer term yes. I still don't really understand exactlyt wht it is cos it's not simply arthritis. if i've understood right, rhumatoid polyarthritis is an auto-immune disease of some sort that causes, during flare ups, swelling and pain in joints.Long term it can cause paralasis of said joints by creating holes in the bone or cartilege. Hands and feet are usually first to suffer which is why i've been having batteries of scans , echos and x-rays of those, which will serve in the future as a basis for comparison. I don't really suffer from it yet but discovered it following a consultation for pains in lower legs, specifically knees and feet. blood tests revealed the specific chemical makers for the disease were off the bloody scale!  not yet a real physicle problem, but the rhumatologist and the medical imaging place that i need to use are in Dijon so there's a lot of time spent on the road to and from there. I'm back there again on the 7th for the rhumatologist and again on the 14th for cortisone injection in my left wrist for carpal tunnel syndrome...

I'm waiting for some concrete or quantifiable information before telling work that i'm fucked. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So you could end up on long term disability?

no idea. possibly. so far i have recieved confirmation of the social security's acceptance of my doctors request for a 100% cover of all costs linked to the disease. 

most medical bills here are riembursed between 60 and 75% by the social security, the rest being reimbursed by your private health insurance. Certain pathologies are takin in charge 100% by the social security. This does mean that I can be reimbursed any and all costs directly linked to treatment for the disease. even travel expenses to and from Dijon. I haven't yet claimed anything, but it's good to know I can if I need to. 

• Like 3

On 02/09/2021 at 23:10, MooN said:

I hope they can find something to help you out in the long term Chris 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I hope they can find something to help you out in the long term Chris 👍

well the doc says that with modern drugs they can control it pretty well, and when they can't, they can control the pain.  The job I am currently expected to do will rapidly become untenable though and that's going to be the problem. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, MooN said:

well the doc says that with modern drugs they can control it pretty well, and when they can't, they can control the pain.  The job I am currently expected to do will rapidly become untenable though and that's going to be the problem. 

It might be a blassing in diguise though Chris, you may end up having a job that's much easier on your body 👍

• Like 2

On 02/09/2021 at 23:10, MooN said:

Sounds like a massive explanation to me ..

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Sounds like a massive explanation to me ..

'tis. but the point ia that I don't OWE it to anyone 😜.   

if you think that's massive, wait till you see the ride report, the more I write the more pompous sounding and long winded it gets 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5