Its a new, day, its a new dawn!

Sofia

So today marked the day the Portuguese plate was fitted to the bike! By me, with the assistance of @Pedro that from a distance, via the phone, knew exactly where the 3 screws were and guided me along the task. How does he know these things is a mystery to me!! And because I did the job, no its is not straight!! No problem for me, I am very crooked myself, so we match! 

I have mixed feelings about this. It is not with easy  for me the transition to Portugal and its paradoxes of social injustice, I am always in fear of what can happen here and for which I have no protection, like not being able to have full comprehensive insurance. Also my speeding habits will have to be kept under control a lot more!! 

Its also another tie cut with my previous life . I am happy to move on, very happy actually, I kept the best things from that time, the best people and the lessons, so a new road is being traveled and it has been, so far, a lot better then I could have ever imagined!! 

The new plate, philosophically, in its essence means : Accept and Let Go!!   

Goodbye Germany, hello Portugal!! 

It will start its life with a round trip of Portugal, and fingers crossed will not hit anything in sight, specially not @Pedro  white elephant!!! 

matricula1.JPG

matricula2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How long have you been back in Portugal Sofia?

Its complicated... but lets say almost 2 years

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tym said:

Im glad we dont have such big plates StateSide™, looks like they would take 10mph off a KLR's top end.... ?

So it wouldn't be able to pull away then? :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Its complicated... but lets say almost 2 years

I thought you had to reregister an imported vehicle within a limited timeframe though? I think it's 3 months here.

Just now, XTreme said:

I thought you had to reregister an imported vehicle within a limited timeframe though? I think it's 3 months here.

Angry Season 7 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

@Sofia went to Germany every month on the bike, for 3 weeks each time, so there!

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Maybe you are an undercover inspector and maybe its better I dont invite you for diner!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Swagman said:

I don’t pretend I am that plank.

And man enough to admit it too.

But you're in good company here.....plenty of other thick fuckers in this place.

Along with numerous weirdos of course!

• Haha 1