Working at home. The New Normal.

Tym

Shirley, you can tell me all about it, butt i do have a few questions, i dont work myself butt, as an efficiency hobbiest, i like to give uneducated advice to professionals about how to do their job worse.

If you work at home, how do you get to cheat with the "hottie at work", you-}re home, the only thing hot is the stove.

I have other questions. :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've worked from home for 20 years now!

And out of the previous 30 years I was probably working from home half the time as I was a Sales Rep.

I hated having to be in a set place by a set time and watching the clock all day.

41 minutes ago, Tym said:

I guess i wasnt watching the clock....lol

When I went back into retail after years on the road as a rep (made redundant) I was like a caged animal being stuck in a building all day.

28 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Capable of ocean crossing, my very best range at the moment is shy of 600 miles. One of these will do 3000, albeit slowly

c01d0a02cfd794f71bdd02201df0205f.jpg.59ce96d5f469e3d892fa6b92ff353410.jpg

Big dosh Bruce?

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

What's big dosh? A house? Like all things there are price scales. The one above is a Bruce Roberts. Plans can be had for 1.5k, build costs if you do it yourself about 800k. But generally you can get something half decent between 300k used and 2M new or near new in the 50 to 60 foot range depending on sophistication and fit out. In lieu of property it's not bad.

Shit! You have to be super rich to afford something like that!

15 minutes ago, Bruce said:

What's an average house cost in the UK these days? 250 to 350k? 

That much now?

I bought my first house for 7.9K in 1978!

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't know how youngsters can get onto the housing ladder in Britain now.....it's insane.

95% mortgage.

10 minutes ago, Swagman said:

95% mortgage.

Scary when you think that could run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

All it needs is a property crash like the late 80's and you're into 6 figure negative equity.

I don’t like averages, there are roughly 359 houses on the park where I live and 2 are valued at two hundred thousand the rest can range from sixty thousand up, most are under a hundred thousand, if you are Lucky enough to be in a highish paid job that’s good for you but we were not all that lucky.

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

I've seen where you live and I am not a betting man but I'd bet your house has more chance of being underwater than my boat(s) ever will. Ya! Wake up calls in order.

Boats are depreciating assets you;re underwater the moment you buy into them. :banana121or:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Why would I care about that? Do you plan on taking your house to the grave? My kids have a seperate trust fund that will put them on the property ladder. What's in my pot is for good times. I earned it.

Go for it, if that’s your dream and you can live it then more power to you.

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Lucky? Luck has little to do with it. Luck is a lottery win.

The number of time people that have said that to me on FB......that I'm lucky to live in Spain. Does my head in!

Try relocating 1500 miles to a country where you don't speak the language when you're over 50 and have a family in tow.

And then you have to build a business during the worst financial recession in living memory.

Some fucking luck that is!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

20 years ago I came to this country with £297 and a bride. I bought an old computer and in the first week wrote a script that applied for 20 000 jobs and started a new career in IT a week later, having been a geologist before. I worked my arse off. I lost it all in a divorse (aka Busboy) and rebuilt my finances. Saying I'm lucky is a bit insulting. I paid the price and put in the effort, the training, the certification and the hours. I set my goals and stroked my ego when knocked down to get back up and keep going. Lucky? I'm lucky in that I was raised with certain ethics and principles that gave me the tools needed, everything else was hard work.

Not easy moving to another country and making it there! Very few succeed!

To be fair both of you were ran out of your home countries by mobs with pitchforks. Pete for being overly ginger and Bruce for insisting on baring his hairy arse.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Why would I care about that? Do you plan on taking your house to the grave? My kids have a seperate trust fund that will put them on the property ladder. What's in my pot is for good times. I earned it.

Why, because numb nut, i wont give you credits for having nuts, you are the one who brought up the comparison to a house in this thread. How do you say stupid in Seffer...Bruce, never mind. lol

Second off a real men make their spawn work for everything they get in life id give the Trust to the dogs instead.

6 minutes ago, Buckster said:

To be fair both of you were ran out of your home countries by mobs with pitchforks. Pete for being overly ginger and Bruce for insisting on baring his hairy arse.

Wernt you a prince in lebanon before the war? :classic_tongue: