First Weekend in February!

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Watch the needle when it hits 6K! 

It's still a rapid machine now.....but 50 years ago with no handling ability, poor brakes, crappy Jap tyres, and on occasions a few beers in you......it was a fasttrack to Death and Dismemberment!

my mate had a H2 750 and that could drink

• Like 2

Just now, skyrider said:

my mate had a H2 750 and that could drink

Petrol was much cheaper then as you know.....so we weren't that bothered by fuel consumption.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Watch the needle when it hits 6K! 

It's still a rapid machine now.....but 50 years ago with no handling ability, poor brakes, crappy Jap tyres, and on occasions a few beers in you......it was a fasttrack to Death and Dismemberment!

The old two strokes i always found more fun when they started fitting power valves to smooth the power out it sort of spoilt it for me but they are still fun. The last 2 stroke road bike i had a go on was a suzuki RGV250 i found the only way i could ride it was flat out incredible machine on the twisty roads around here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Petrol was much cheaper then as you know.....so we weren't that bothered by fuel consumption.

no fuel consumption on bikes has never bothered me only on the 72 range rover i once had needles to say it soon went 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

when i used to meet my mates on my YZ they were all on XL and XT's i remember them taking the fuel cap off to look in the tank and saying there's enough for today. i would have 2 gallons in the tank a gallon in a rucksack on my back and i'd still have to stop for fuel on the way back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

no fuel consumption on bikes has never bothered me only on the 72 range rover i once had needles to say it soon went 

I had a 1987 range rover, it is the only car i had that i could actually see the fuel needle moving when i had it shifting on a motorway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had a 1987 range rover, it is the only car i had that i could actually see the fuel needle moving when i had it shifting on a motorway

so could i and thats why it went and wont be getting another one 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My 1992 Nissan gtir was like that, just so must as look at the throttle pedal and the tank would empty itself seemingly by telepathy and by god do I regret selling it as it was a hoot 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skyrider said:

so could i and thats why it went and wont be getting another one 

I bought mine to use off road and ended up having it gas converted so i was running it for the cost of something doing 24mpg here she is

DSCF0065.JPG

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

My 1992 Nissan gtir was like that, just so must as look at the throttle pedal and the tank would empty itself seemingly by telepathy and by god do I regret selling it as it was a hoot 

I was looking at those but i bought the range rover instead as i needed to keep my licence :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I bought mine to use off road and ended up having it gas converted so i was running it for the cost of something doing 24mpg here she is

DSCF0065.JPG

I do like them range rovers 

• Like 1

I'll be voicing for @Bruce when I say "Fuck Y'all" to your fuel economy comments. A boat is nothing like a 2 stroke from the 70's. 

Again, fuck y'all !

BBQ's and women! That's where it's at!

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was looking at those but i bought the range rover instead as i needed to keep my licence :classic_laugh:

I'd have another one in a heartbeat, surprisingly well mannered when just cruising around but when you press the loud pedal by god was it quick....it showed up a couple of very quick cars thats for sure 

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I'll be voicing for @Bruce when I say "Fuck Y'all" to your fuel economy comments. A boat is nothing like a 2 stroke from the 70's. 

Again, fuck y'all !

BBQ's and women! That's where it's at!

Are you moonlighting as Rogers cabin boy or something?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Are you moonlighting as Rogers cabin boy or something?

I don't know who Roger is, nor could I give the slightest fuck. But @Bruce is a gentleman and I stand by my previous statement: don't be a brit twat, instead try to be an adventurous gentleman from the UK. You'll be better perceived throughout the civilized world.

6 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I'd have another one in a heartbeat, surprisingly well mannered when just cruising around but when you press the loud pedal by god was it quick....it showed up a couple of very quick cars thats for sure 

Yes i really like them and it was hard for me to walk away from, when i was looking there was a company that would import one and tune it to what you wanted anything up to a 1000hp, give me one of those over a BMW or Merc any day

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't know who Roger is, nor could I give the slightest fuck. But Bruce is a gentleman and I stand by my previous statement: don't be a brit twat, instead try to be an adventurous gentleman from the UK. You'll be better perceived throughout the civilized world.

Are you on the wine Pedro its not being a brit twat its a bit of light hearted humour and i know Bruce personally and know he will take it as that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes i really like them and it was hard for me to walk away from, when i was looking there was a company that would import one and tune it to what you wanted anything up to a 1000hp, give me one of those over a BMW or Merc any day

I got my from auto infusion in Bristol in 2012 for 6k and sold it September 19 for 3k.

I would love to see a gtir with 1000bhp that would be mental, mine had 300 exactly and was almost as quick as the zx6r I just couldn't afford to run it 

• Like 1