So you go on Bike Forums?

XTreme

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

I remember I posted on there a few times.....and you were the only one who ever spoke to me! So they didn't do themselves any favours by not engaging a new member.

That's why I encourage people to interact with new members straight away.....make them feel a part of the place.

Yes...I know @Buckster has his own way of doing that, but it's too late in the day for him to change now! :classic_laugh:

I like to give them a hearty welcome.

• Haha 4

Marketplace is the only reason I use Facebook.

No matter how shit the item, there's always some gullible chump willing to give me money for it. To me that pretty solidly proves the "Facebook users are all gullible chumps" idea.

The wife loves it.

• Haha 4

Topic specific forums (i.e. motorcycles) will always attract a majority of like-minded people.  Couple that with the fact that most riders are pretty good people, Bruce excepted, and you have a much more enjoyable place to hang out.  Unfortunately, that also hampers the amount of different discussion that takes place on FB.  Maybe if the forum software was configured to display conversations similar to how FB does it, it might be more inviting.  On FB, you only have to load the app and you are hit with every single conversation the algorithms can throw at  you.  I liken it to my restaurant experiences with the club i ride with - everyone is talking at the same time so the noise level is high.  Forums like this are more like polite, mature conversation where you listen before speaking.  well, mostly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use Facebook to promote my YouTube videos.  I also enjoy sharing photos with bike groups.  I go there to just see bikes....lots of different people in different places on bikes.  I have come to know a few people, but only because we all post a lot of photos.  I have the most fun with people from this forum on Facebook.....:classic_laugh:

I have been on a few other forums and none are fun.  Some are too big and there is just no point in keeping up with yet another conversation about which oil is best.  Some are just dead, the people are scared to joke around and are way too serious.

A smaller active forum full of twats is exactly what I was looking for.....and I have found YOU! ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Even now I’m thinking of those sheep. It’s what gets me through life.

Don't get me wrong them sheep do look amazing  but......its still wrong unless you're a welshman 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3