Then and Now pics

Earache

1 minute ago, Earache said:

Some more Then and Now pics of my local area.

We always called this place the "Schiller Hotel" - I had no idea that it had been named a bunch of other names over the years. Anyway, found some cool colorized pics of the place. dates range from the 1880's to the 1940's....

Idaho1A.jpg

idaho2.jpg

Idaho3.jpg

Idaho4.jpg

Idaho5.jpg

Idaho6.jpg

Idaho7.jpg

Idaho8.jpg

Idaho9.jpg

Superb Eric.....it hasn't changed that much by the look of it?

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Superb Eric.....it hasn't changed that much by the look of it?

Nope, couple of coats of paint over the years and that's about it. Nothing ever changes around here all that much.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Look at the cars in this photo, I'd take any one of them

Idaho9.jpg.2f686b33d03b62067ab62036e2994425.jpg.7a4987760f99777eec763357d01f7393.jpg

Got to have standards, The white Cadillac, first on the right lane, all way for me..., or the blue and white pickup second on the left lane, or maybe even better if the picture is clear enough, the red station wagon, fifth on the right lane!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

Got to have standards, The white Cadillac, first on the right lane, all way for me..., or the blue and white pickup second on the left lane, or maybe even better if the picture is clear enough, the red station wagon, fifth on the right lane!

I 'd like that pickup truck as well. Sea foam green and cream colors were big back then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

Anyone notice the what looks to be phantom dog? If you look closely you can see pretty much straight through it20210702_062350.thumb.jpg.5e5d703fcf655448e4b8f54a88246979.jpg

He must have moved during the exposure. Still looks creepy though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Earache said:

Found another one in my archives from my town. Need to get out and take some pics and continue the thread...

15.jpg

22687911_10210929641217103_1068418728102714717_n.jpg

Strange place to put a Fire Dept Eric?

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Strange place to put a Fire Dept Eric?

Here's an old pic of the town. The Fire Dept roof can be seen one right - with the bell tower frame on top...

Nevada.jpg

nevadav.jpg

Nevadaville_CO_ca1860_66022-enhanced.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am surprised there's no pavement of any sort on the street, in the modern pictures.

I'm not 😁

Our county only has 3-4 paved roads in it as most of the roads are very rural. None of our roads are paved...thus the need for a Super Tenere. The winters are pretty brutal on paved surfaces here, so there aren't too many of them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Earache said:

I'm not 😁

Our county only has 3-4 paved roads in it as most of the roads are very rural. None of our roads are paved...thus the need for a Super Tenere. The winters are pretty brutal on paved surfaces here, so there aren't too many of them.

I can understand that, but aren´t those pictures from inside a town?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I can understand that, but aren´t those pictures from inside a town?

A "ghost" town. No one lives there now and just a few buildings remain. It's on the outskirts of the town I live near. But most small towns in our area have unpaved roads; towns with only 20-23 residents.

3 minutes ago, Earache said:

A "ghost" town. No one lives there now and just a few buildings remain. It's on the outskirts of the town I live near. But most small towns in our area have unpaved roads; towns with only 20-23 residents.

OK then, I assumed the current town grew around the old one, like it happens here.

• Like 1