The Ultimate Definition of Motorcycling!

XTreme

8 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Did one winter rally at the rugby club in Billericay. Snow all over the shop and one of my mates ended up in hospital for a couple of weeks with some lung infection or something - I can't remember anything about it bar us finding it all very funny. It wasn't funny clearly, I've always been a bit of a total cock.

I'll do the Elephant when I can afford to get an outfit in the garage. I'm not going unless it's on three wheels and I can pack a couple of duvets.

I don't think I'd like the Elephant at all, regardless of duvets or not! I'm just not made for that kind of outdoors cold.

Maybe a hotel or cabin with a nice fireplace and some good goulash might make it endurable, but then I wouldn't like to park my bike in deep freezing mode.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't think I'd like the Elephant at all, regardless of duvets or not! I'm just not made for that kind of outdoors cold.

Maybe a hotel or cabin with a nice fireplace and some good goulash might make it endurable, but then I wouldn't like to park my bike in deep freezing mode.

Agreed Pedro......I'd book a hotel as well and let the fucking headbangers freeze their nuts off in a field full of mud and shit!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't think I'd like the Elephant at all,

Id go butt, id have to have a Zündapp KS 601 with sidecar, show up in style. :wave:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Agreed Pedro......I'd book a hotel as well and let the fucking headbangers freeze their nuts off in a field full of mud and shit!

Shit is warm, there's nothing resembling of warm there! It's like riding a bike in a deep freezer, then setting up tent in a deep freezer, then eating dinner in a deep freezer, then the bike doesn't start because it's been parked in a deep freezer, etc

All the while, drinking jagermeister?

Fox Tv Stop GIF by Last Man Standing

• Haha 3

On 07/12/2020 at 23:10, Mawsley said:

The ultimate definition of biking is anyone who travels to a rally and camps during winter.

I still have to tick of the Elephant on my bucket list.

ooh, ooh... me... me... I did the  " Millevaches" last year . 

proper snorkel and flippers rally it was too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MooN said:

ooh, ooh... me... me... I did the  " Millevaches" last year . 

proper snorkel and flippers rally it was too! 

Photos? Or is this a Buck moment?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Photos? Or is this a Buck moment?

fuck off, neither my phone n'or Camera came out of their waterproof bags that weekend.   I have one photo at first fuel stop on the way down which I can't find. I do have the bdage and sticker to prove that I was there though.  The second night the weather was so apalling everyone was evacuated to the nearby villages in the middle of the night to sleep in the village halls and sports facilities... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MooN said:

fuck off, neither my phone n'or Camera came out of their waterproof bags that weekend.   I have one photo at first fuel stop on the way down which I can't find. I do have the bdage and sticker to prove that I was there though.  The second night the weather was so apalling everyone was evacuated to the nearby villages in the middle of the night to sleep in the village halls and sports facilities... 

Seen this @Tym........Moon's having a Buck moment! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2