Sierra de las Cabras Nature Reserve

XTreme

Went from the province of Granada, into Murcia, and then into Castilla–La Mancha to enter the Sierra de las Cabras nature reserve.

From then on I was running blind..........cos that's as far as Google Maps goes. The road was pretty decent though......until I got deep into the nature reserve. Then it all changed!

It would need a dualsport and a fair degree of offroad riding ability to keep going, and unfortunately I was not in possession of either of those two things.

There's some places that an OAP on a 220kg Strom just shouldn't go.......and that was one of them!

vs360.jpg

vs360a.jpg

vs361.jpg

vs361a.jpg

vs361b.jpg

vs362.jpg

vs362a.jpg

vs362b.jpg

vs363.jpg

vs363a.jpg

vs363b.jpg

vs363c.jpg

vs363d.jpg

vs364.jpg

vs364a.jpg

vs364b.jpg

vs365.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes.......that's what the road turns into Bob! It's not a via verde so it's fine.

That was my turn around point.......because from thereon it drops steeply and the surface is all jagged rocks!

Looked very nasty to me! But having said that, a fluffy white cloud looks very nasty to me! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

That's my problem, I just couldn't resist going down there just to see where it goes, how rough it gets etc :classic_tongue:

I didn't have any problem resisting Bob! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

@boboneleg......the red dot is where I estimate I got to!

So maybe another 10 miles and I'd have got out the other side.

It shows the path on Google Maps but there's no street views whatsoever on any of those stretches!

As I said, I was running blind!

507.jpg.a28c488cae65131897185c38acc9b4fc.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@boboneleg......the red dot is where I estimate I got to!

So maybe another 10 miles and I'd have got out the other side.

It shows the path on Google Maps but there's no street views whatsoever on any of those stretches!

As I said, I was running blind!

507.jpg.a28c488cae65131897185c38acc9b4fc.jpg

It's good that it's even on a map though ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Unmarked crossroads, frightening !!!

Par for the course here Bob.......you get used to it.

Having said that, car drivers have a lot more respect for bikes than they do in Britain. They've never been labelled with the social underclass stigma either.

Very often I stop to take a pic and a car will pull up and ask if I'm OK or need help! Different culture and mindset here.

Most of the country grew up riding mopeds......and there's even blokes in their 80's still riding them.

Usually carrying a tree or something similar. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Par for the course here Bob.......you get used to it.

Having said that, car drivers have a lot more respect for bikes than they do in Britain. They've never been labelled with the social underclass stigma either.

Very often I stop to take a pic and a car will pull up and ask if I'm OK or need help! Different culture and mindset here.

Most of the country grew up riding mopeds......and there's even blokes in their 80's still riding them.

Usually carrying a tree or something similar. :classic_laugh:

If there is one thing Spain has got going for it, is a massive motorcycling culture. Motorcycle racing used to be almost as big as football, lunch time GP racing broadcasted on tv used to have a bigger audience nationwide than football, and most small villages had or have an anual party with the highlight being a small bike road race.

• Like 2