Professor Wankstain's science thread

5 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

That truly must have been a lot of effort for those NASA guys to go to - craning the buggy into position not just once, but going through the whole palaver again just to move it forward a foot. I'd just have pushed it forward. Mind you, I can also understand why they'd want to 'avoid disturbing the carefully racked(?) moondirt' though, what with all those other people walking around on it and messing it up...

I think @Nute mentioned this before and I missed the answer, but what explanation do you have for the fact that the landing sites and the abandoned descent modules are clearly visible in low-orbit images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, and that craft from China, India and Japan have also seen them? Or that we've been pinging lasers off the retroreflector the Apollo 11 mission left on the lunar surface for the last 55 years? 

None of that really happens, the people involved are all part of the conspiracy obviously.

Classic Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

FFS Zzzak, why didn’t you say Buzz Aldrin was a Freemason to begin with? It all makes sense now - you can’t trust those sneaky bastards. My father-in-law used to be a Freemason, and I know for a fact that he’s never even been to the Kennedy Space Centre!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Well duh Buckster - I’d like to see you come up with any alternative explanation for those photos…

Hang On Nbc GIF by Law & Order

On 17/04/2024 at 04:36, zzzak said:

, I can tell that Bucky's happy about it, in my minds eye I can see him quietly smiling to himself while nodding his head and thinking, 'zzzaks going to come through on this one'.

100%, for a while I was getting concerned that Professor Wankstain was going to bamboozle you with his pseudo science but thankfully you stepped up to the challenge with irrefutable proof and put him in his place, once more proving yourself to be the intellectual giant we all know you to be and not just because you paid that fat bird to say so.

• Haha 7

I keep telling myself I must look at the stuff Zak posted, but keep finding other stuff that's more fun, like tidying up the garage or cleaning the toilet.  My dentist told me I need a filling replacing, I'm wondering how hard it can be to do it myself...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Nute said:

I keep telling myself I must look at the stuff Zak posted, but keep finding other stuff that's more fun, like tidying up the garage or cleaning the toilet.  My dentist told me I need a filling replacing, I'm wondering how hard it can be to do it myself...

I just find it amusing to be honest, waiting to see what fresh imbecility gets served up next as irrefutable proof of whichever conspiracy theory we're on at the time. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that he believes this stuff, any more than it bothers me that Buckster thinks the Earth is many millions of years younger than the fossil fuel he puts in his bike. It's harmless enough, and it's not as though by getting them to see sense they're suddenly going to make a stellar contribution to humanity, any more than most of us do. Just enjoy it! 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

I just find it amusing to be honest, waiting to see what fresh imbecility gets served up next as irrefutable proof of whichever conspiracy theory we're on at the time. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that he believes this stuff, any more than it bothers me that Buckster thinks the Earth is many millions of years younger than the fossil fuel he puts in his bike. It's harmless enough, and it's not as though by getting them to see sense they're suddenly going to make a stellar contribution to humanity, any more than most of us do. Just enjoy it! 🤣

Aging fossils is already being debunked by the scientific community without any help from me. You stick to your pseudo science and I will stick to written observed history.

35 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Aging fossils is already being debunked by the scientific community without any help from me. You stick to your pseudo science and I will stick to written observed history.

Is this the same scientific community that told you fish can evolve into cows, or that humans evolved from monkeys? Go on - tell us what your concerns with radiometric dating are and we’ll have a look…

21 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Is this the same scientific community that told you fish can evolve into cows, or that humans evolved from monkeys? Go on - tell us what your concerns with radiometric dating are and we’ll have a look…

Radiometric dating assumes that the measurable elements have always existed in the same quantities as today. It also assumes that radioactive decay has always occurred at the same rate. It is also very selectively applied. It is based on untestable assumptions and it has been proven incorrect when it failed to age rocks formed during volcanic eruptions, sited of returning dates of less than 100 years old it returns ages of hundreds of thousands to millions of years old. 

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Radiometric dating assumes that the measurable elements have always existed in the same quantities as today. It also assumes that radioactive decay has always occurred at the same rate. It is also very selectively applied. It is based on untestable assumptions and it has been proven incorrect when it failed to age rocks formed during volcanic eruptions, sited of returning dates of less than 100 years old it returns ages of hundreds of thousands to millions of years old. 

Let’s start with the most obvious problem in that lot first: what form of radiometric dating is being used to date rocks of less than 100 years old Buckster?

2 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Bucky thinks climate change is real, the climate does change however its called weather, also there are no fossil fuels, if oil is a product of dead dinosaurs all that I can say is that there must have been an enormous amount of dinosaurs considering the daily oil usage is over 100 million barrels a day at 159l per barrel, it just another hoax that people believe in without thinking.

image.png.5ecb8cdc1a72a4897925776ad3de82e0.png

3 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Bucky thinks climate change is real, the climate does change however its called weather, also there are no fossil fuels, if oil is a product of dead dinosaurs all that I can say is that there must have been an enormous amount of dinosaurs considering the daily oil usage is over 100 million barrels a day at 159l per barrel, it just another hoax that people believe in without thinking.

image.png.5ecb8cdc1a72a4897925776ad3de82e0.png

Plus the oil wells refill themselves on an ongoing basis.

8 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Just so I'm getting this straight, are you saying that the half life of a particular isotope is variable? 

5 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Let’s start with the most obvious problem in that lot first: what form of radiometric dating is being used to date rocks of less than 100 years old Buckster?

It’s irrelevant if they are coming up with ages like that.

1 minute ago, Nute said:

Just so I'm getting this straight, are you saying that the half life of a particular isotope is variable? 

I’m saying that no one knows either way because it is based on unobservable assumptions.