After some soul searching.

I've decided to keep the 1290...the factory warranty runs out late may...it's still not perfect..got this annoying problem since new ..low revs 3000 rpm or so 3 and 4 gear pull the engine cuts out for a fraction of a second sending a shock wave through the bike...another thing I just don't like the orange...looked at a few graphics kits but nothing caugh my eyes...think I'll be removing the plastic and have them professionally painted glossy black...to resemble blackbetty..I like the post apogeleptic look.

IMG_20220717_070013.jpg

Screenshot_20240126_155829_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

Have you got a shop near you with a dyno, I'm sure they could get rid of that stall.  Is there any info on owners forums about the problem ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Have you got a shop near you with a dyno, I'm sure they could get rid of that stall.  Is there any info on owners forums about the problem ?

Yes I've done some searching on the subject...most I think is caused by the pickup coil flywheel problem..

• Like 2

I mentioned before that I couldn't use it on long rides...I can still do long rides but solo..I have to get off the thing after a few hundred km..comparing with the other bike with I can do 800 km days without skipping a beat...only limited by the fuel range...it's like comparing a sport car to a Rolls-Royce. 

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Gonna check if the dealer if   they can  re-map it without affecting warranty...thinking of getting the arrow cat delete pipe mostly for heat and weight saving...but I would enjoy it to rumble more...

The KTM craze has kicked in again?

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The KTM craze has kicked in again?

Hasn't really gone anywheres...I'm still a dual sport bike fanatic...just recent years all of my friends switched over to cruisers ...and the KTM doesn't like going slow ..

• Like 2

The bike is currently stored in a shed in my backyard...still snowing this morning...I'll pull it out soon and bring it in the heated garage and start working on the paint skeem ..maybe tomorrow weather permiting. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Is the orange painted on or sticker, Marcel? Individual plastic panels or part of the tank itself?

Individual plastic painted panels..takes a few minutes to remove..the panel itself is orange painted and the sticker is cleared over..

39 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Individual plastic painted panels..takes a few minutes to remove..the panel itself is orange painted and the sticker is cleared over..

Easy enough to have beautifully done in black, then.

48 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Easy enough to have beautifully done in black, then.

Basically 3 panels I have to remove and bring to the paint shop...center panel is charcoal gray in colour that will be painted also...piece of cake Basically...and won't cost that much..

• Like 2