Tintagel

Saul

When out for a bimble this morning over to the north coast.   Lovely clear dry day but cold ish around 6c.   
I wanted to take a photo by the Old Post Office at Tintagel. The place where King Arthur’s Castle is supposed to be.  Not convinced myself but there is a castle there. 

IMG_0875.thumb.jpeg.300b3fb4959f957687ed973b1b41fdd4.jpegIMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.bbd3b6180e5f51c5fc13002ee7bb7791.jpeg

Then went on to Trebarwith Strand but bit disappointed with the photos from there bins and road marking spoilt what could be a fantastic view.   

IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.24ce042b4e74c57e096632350221f1dd.jpegIMG_0883.thumb.jpeg.c305f1bb0e33a952fe886b6e05eea10e.jpeg

Fed up with cameras I bimbled off down the coast road past Delabole and Port Issac. To Wadebridge.   Then took the Atlantic Highway (stupid name) further west to Newquay then headed home.   
I must admit I am happiest on the bike bimbling along A and B roads on my own.   No twats around me being stupid, there is a lot to be said for that.   Took an iron will not to go into a cafe for a fry up, but I was good. 
Big thumbs up for thermal gear, you wouldn’t think one thin extra layer would make such a difference.  Also heated grips, I don’t want to ride without them anymore.  
Now thawing out at home over a coffee.  Chilled right out.  😎
Oh and in case I haven’t mentioned it, I fucking love that Hornet.  ❤️😎

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Saul said:

When out for a bimble this morning over to the north coast.   Lovely clear dry day but cold ish around 6c.   
I wanted to take a photo by the Old Post Office at Tintagel. The place where King Arthur’s Castle is supposed to be.  Not convinced myself but there is a castle there. 

IMG_0875.thumb.jpeg.300b3fb4959f957687ed973b1b41fdd4.jpegIMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.bbd3b6180e5f51c5fc13002ee7bb7791.jpeg

Then went on to Trebarwith Strand but bit disappointed with the photos from there bins and road marking spoilt what could be a fantastic view.   

IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.24ce042b4e74c57e096632350221f1dd.jpegIMG_0883.thumb.jpeg.c305f1bb0e33a952fe886b6e05eea10e.jpeg

Fed up with cameras I bimbled off down the coast road past Delabole and Port Issac. To Wadebridge.   Then took the Atlantic Highway (stupid name) further west to Newquay then headed home.   
I must admit I am happiest on the bike bimbling along A and B roads on my own.   No twats around me being stupid, there is a lot to be said for that.   Took an iron will not to go into a cafe for a fry up, but I was good. 
Big thumbs up for thermal gear, you wouldn’t think one thin extra layer would make such a difference.  Also heated grips, I don’t want to ride without them anymore.  
Now thawing out at home over a coffee.  Chilled right out.  😎
Oh and in case I haven’t mentioned it, I fucking love that Hornet.  ❤️😎

Nice one! When you going to hook up a cam Saul?

• Like 1

Do you know Pete I was thinking that when I was out today.  I am pretty sure I have all the bits and mounts I need to do it.  May have a look later.    Could have got some nice vids today especially when I was riding through Slaughter Bridge and the little villages near Tintagel.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Do you know Pete I was thinking that when I was out today.  I am pretty sure I have all the bits and mounts I need to do it.  May have a look later.    Could have got some nice vids today especially when I was riding through Slaughter Bridge and the little villages near Tintagel.  

I'd be interested to see what the roads are like to ride in that area cos I don't know Cornwall at all.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd be interested to see what the roads are like to ride in that area cos I don't know Cornwall at all.

To be honest mate not that much different from South Wales.  But I take your point and will take some vids.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saul said:

I must admit I am happiest on the bike bimbling along A and B roads on my own.   No twats around me being stupid, there is a lot to be said for that.

Agreed completely.

Your ride report names baffle me, seems like half are medicine names and the other half come if you type randomly with your eyes closed. Cool stuff though, and you're putting the new bike to good use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1