Windy.com

zzzak

This is a great free site that not only gives you the weather worldwide in real time but has great maps that you can zoom in on, it's a win win situation.

In honor of Pete I give you Swansea right now, first is the weather with current clouds, all live from satellite.

Now a picture zoomed in and then maximum zoom.

And its Google free.

image_2023-06-10_055519951.png

image_2023-06-10_055719711.png

image_2023-06-10_055945418.png

• Like 3

Second image shows the area I was born in......Brynmill.

No hospital birth for me......I was born in a terraced house in Brynmill.

• Like 1

Here's the view from Flight Radar, another freebie that has photographs from satellites, normal view, view enlarged and finally the 'I can see your house from here view'.

It also shows every aircraft in the world and you can click on the icon and get the flight details and even a photo of that actual plane.

image_2023-06-10_060942797.png

image_2023-06-10_061116245.png

image_2023-06-10_061555390.png

image_2023-06-10_061827054.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, zzzak said:

And ?

And...... it's very useful to find out what the bloody hell just flew over our bungalow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Clive said:

And...... it's very useful to find out what the bloody hell just flew over our bungalow.

Thank you, nothing beats context, I was watching here one day when I saw some odd activity, it was gliders corkscrewing up in thermals, they fly from Corowa to a point east of here then across to Colleambally and home, I could see them gaining and losing altitude but when they got to Colle they went in a dead straight line for home and maintained altitude so I checked the model and was pleasantly surprised to find this, they cost about €120,000 and have a rotary engine.

image.png.0c24caf87eda9ba3b56ffb6d3a84393a.png 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

No hospital birth for me......I was born in a terraced house in Brynmill.

Same, front room for me though. I was special.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, zzzak said:

Thank you, nothing beats context, I was watching here one day when I saw some odd activity, it was gliders corkscrewing up in thermals, they fly from Corowa to a point east of here then across to Colleambally and home, I could see them gaining and losing altitude but when they got to Colle they went in a dead straight line for home and maintained altitude so I checked the model and was pleasantly surprised to find this, they cost about €120,000 and have a rotary engine.

image.png.0c24caf87eda9ba3b56ffb6d3a84393a.png 

The planes use to come over our place on approach to Doncaster airport, but that as closed now, so no more low planes.

We have a small airport near us (20km) that has flights (Gamston airdrome) so we get quite many small (4 or 6 seaters) buzzing around the area, and a gliding club 30km away, but never see a glider in our sky.

We seem to be on  flightpath that the Red Arrows use on their way back to RAF Waddington, seen them many times, but need Flightradar24 to know where they are,  or it's just whoosh and they have gone.

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight are due to fly over here on Sunday, so I will be tracking them, try and get my camera ready for them.

• Like 2